Cultural and other Events in Singapore!

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Singapore' started by kanmani, Apr 17, 2006.

1. gulzar

gulzar New IL'ite

Re: Deepavali Celebrations in Singapore!

Hi dhanu
    happy diwali,
    I m glad to answer your queries,
    Well we are not allowed to burn fire crakers , We do had a diwali funfair and dance performances every year at serangoon rd.
    We had new tamil movies telecast and we enjoying watching it.
    I hope you have enjoyed yours too.
    All the best for diwali and all year round
    regrds
    begum

2. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Singapore will host the first youth olympics in 2010

Dear Friends,

Today, Singapore exploded with happiness; After seven months of waiting and preparations, it has won its bid to host the inaugural Youth Olympics in 2010.Over 5,000 people gathered together to watch the announcement via satellite, screamed in celebration when the result was announced. I saw the electrifying crowd jumping with joy; it is indeed an achievement to them. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Singapore</st1:country-region></st1:place> being a tiny dot in our world map is really marching very strong. The city with fewer natural resources is creating a wave in the ocean. It will be the first time for the city-state to host a multi-disciplinary sporting event of such a magnitude.
    I am happy for them & wish them good luck to make the event an all success!:cheers

3. sky98

sky98 New IL'ite

Re: Singapore will host the first youth olympics in 2010

Hi Anushiv
    Even though they are a tiny dot, they do a wonderful job at everything. Changi airport itself is and example, for that, being awarded the best airport in the world so may times. The focus on customer service is so great......
    I lived in Singapore for 7 years before moving to Melbourne, but always have fond memories of that place.
    Cheers
    Sumathy (sky98

4. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Re: Singapore will host the first youth olympics in 2010

Hi Sumathy,

Yes, I too agree with you. Changi airport is excellent-'world-class'. The maintenance & service is damn good. After visiting so many places (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Canada</st1:country-region>, US, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Australia</st1:country-region>, Japan etc) I feel, <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Singapore</st1:place></st1:country-region> got the best of both east & west!

By the way, how is <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Melbourne</st1:City></st1:place>? Two years back, I have been the there...I could see four types of weather on one day! Many Singaporean’s dream... is to migrate to <st1:country-region w:st="on">Australia</st1:country-region> & you have been blessed with that so, enjoy <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:City> stay - it is just the matter of time.

5. umarao02

umarao02 Senior IL'ite

Indian Exhibition ...

Hello Singapore Ladies,
    There is an Exhibition at the Expo full of Indian stuff.....
    I went there today and got myself a few tops and a pearl set...very nice...lots of paintings and lovely sarees too...and therer is a food section too (so u can have some snacks or pack dinner..etc)....have a look if u can...it is there till sunday from 10am to 10 pm...
    handicrafts from Rajasthan, etc...i was quite excited.....
    cheers ,
    Uma

6. Lilly07

Lilly07 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Indian Exhibition ...

Thx Uma, for sharing your experiences. May I know the price range of sarees? I am planning to go on saturday.
    I remeber last year exhibition. The prices were high especially party wear sarees.. please let me know the details.
    Lilly

7. umarao02

umarao02 Senior IL'ite

Lilly,
    yes the party wear sarees are quite expensive,but are also very pretty and gorgeous to see.if u have this in mind..then the saree ranges i saw were $70-$300+.....the higher the price ,the more work was there....
    happy buying...let me know how u liked it and if u bought anything special..hahahaha..
    cheers,
    Uma

8. sumibala

sumibala New IL'ite

uma,
    I would love 2 go there grab something for my home n ofcourse for me... but no time at all.. as this week seems to be a festival week. i shall try my best to be there. will pass on my comments latter.

sumi

9. anuusri

anuusri New IL'ite

Birthday Invitation - SPECIAL BLESSING!!!

"LORD GANESH's BIRTHDAY" ON 3rd SEPTEMBER,2008.

Attached Files:

10. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Re: Birthday Invitation - SPECIAL BLESSING!!!

Hi Anuusri

Thanks a lot for this info.
    Will be there on Sep 3rd evening.

Rgds
    Sudha