Cultural and other Events in Singapore!

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Singapore' started by kanmani, Apr 17, 2006.

1. kanmani

kanmani Junior IL'ite

Hi Ladies from Singapore,

Did any one of you get to see this Selvi Kalai vizha? I remember seeing this ad in Sun TV and was wondering what it was all about? Just asking out of curiosity!

With love,
    Kanmani

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Selvi and Radaan serials

Hey,talking about 'Selvi',just got to know that Sarath Kumar has quit DMK and joined AIADMK.

Do you all think that now Radaan serials will go off the air from Sun TV?

Cheers

3. kanmani

kanmani Junior IL'ite

Radaan TV stays for Radhika

Hi Sunitha,

I think Radaan TV stays for the name & fame of Radhika, more than that of Sharath Kumar. As long as Radhika is with DMK, Sun TV would not be pushing out Radaan TV's programs - I guess 8)

4. josh

josh New IL'ite

Hey...But I remember readin somewhere that Radhika too went with Sarathkumar to see J!!! so then.....??????

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Hey,yes,Radhika too has joined AIADMK!!!

Now let's see the fun!!

Cheers

6. malar

malar Bronze IL'ite

It is Sun TV's decision

I too read in a news site about Sarath Kumar resigning his Rajya Sabha membership and joining AIADMK.

Sarath Kumar has told the press that he was "continuously insulted and humiliated" by DMK, so he resigns from being Rajya Sabha member. He has joined AIADMK based on the survy conducted among his fans and public.

Asked whether Radaan TV, which was giving a lot of programme content to Sun TV, would continue providing it, Sarath Kumar said both were separate corporate entities. It was for the Sun TV to decide about it, he said.

But what makes me wonder is, for years & generations together Radhika & her family has been supporting DMK. How come she too has gone and joined AIADMK? So will this make Radha Ravi shift to DMK? Interesting...share your views, let's debate.

Malar

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

u think the serial will have problem

dear ladies u think she will have problem with her serial...y jaya tv will take over the serial and viewer ship changes....isnt it.....regards..sunkan

8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Sharath Kumar's residence is in Kottivakkam,close to Thiruvanmiyur where my residence is.He has really done a lot for this area after he became a MP.So,I personally feel that if he stays in power,he will do a lot more for our area.

I really don't care if he is with DMK or AIADMk,infact I am a little happy that he has joined AIADMK. JJ is a very daring lady and if given a few more years in power,I think she can do a lot unlike KK.

Infact sometimes I feel that we have a lot of good politicians but all in the wrong parties-Eg. Dayanidhi Maran,P Chidambaram to name a few.If we could get all the good ones in one party,wouldn't it be great?

Cheers

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Deepavali Celebrations in Singapore!

:partyHi Singapore ILites

Let's talk about the Deepavali celebrations here. Hope you all have come out of the festive mood.

Starting with me I had a very simple Deepavali this year as DH is out of station. Bought the sweets from Adyar Anandha Bhavan (Called AAB here, now!) and went to the temple. Bought some crackers for my son and thats all.
    However I enjoyed the pre Deepavali Buzz in Little India and Lights. CCs also celebrated Deepavali in their own way;-)

Interested to know about your Deepavali day too!

10. Dhanu Dhar

Dhanu Dhar New IL'ite

Re: Deepavali Celebrations in Singapore!

Hello Singaporeans,

Are you allowed to burn fire crackers in Singapore on Diwali? Here in USA, we have Diwali Mela where there are dance performance, variety program. Kids perform, etc.

Dhanu