1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Cruises within USA..

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by shrutidunwoody, Jan 13, 2010.

1. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Hello Friends,
    A friend of mine recently got married and is in US on a H1-B. She wanted to know if there are any cruises that operate within the US (i.e. not travelling across any other countries due to visa restriction). Has anyone been on such a cruise? Any information and advice would really be appreciated. Thanks.

2. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Hi Shruti,

Cruises to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands in the Caribbean does not require visa. If there is a foreign port in the cruise then you have to obtain a visa.

Hope other members can help with more information.

Jaya

3. shrutidunwoody

Hello Jaya,
    Thanks for your prompt response. Do you happen to know any good site that has deals on such travel cruises?

Anyone who has travelled within the US on a H visa, please suggest.. thanks again

4. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

Hi i am customising travel and tours all over the world what ever your dream destination is so i can help you with cruises etc.
    if you are interested in more different type of cruises,places,duration then just let me know.

thank you
    neha

5. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I think there are local cruises in East coast. I know of Savannah, Georgia and Florida too. They will take you in cruise and bring you back to florida itself.

It might not be so fancy like Bahamas cruise or something.
    But you can try from Daytona beach or somewhere top in florida, to Miami.
    it might be a one day or 2 day cruise .

no idea about cost or websites.. I'd love to know it too. Even I have visa restrictions so cant travel out of US without getting stamping.

Neha ,

Can you shed some info about ppl like me who do not have stamping done yet and would like to go on a cruise.. Do you have any such travel plan..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  6. shrutidunwoody

Hi Neha,
    Yes, something similar to what Ranchu mentioned. Probably a cruise that may start from Savannah (since we stay in GA), or even Florida would do. May be a 3 day 4 nights cruise that travels within the US (excluding a foreign port) and returns back to port from where it starts. Any information on this or sites that have such deals ??

Thanks & Regards.

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Why not fly to Hawaii and take the local Hawaii cruise if you can afford? My friends did that for 30th wedding anniversary (they are USA citizens) and they had a very very good time. The ship went to the islands and you can sight see then back on the boat you have dinners, activities, massage, etc. Sleep when tired. Swimming. They went for a week. I found that cruise for them on some cruise website...just shop around online.