Crisis Management - How to cope ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheer,
    Thankyou very much for joining us.
    To my surprise, this is one post which has made many of us identify ourselves together. So this only shows that crises do occur in eveybody's life & we have to learn to cope with it. As we come out of crises, we gain mastery over ourselves, without our realising it !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

What a wonderful post......i too thought it sounded like in some management course. But you have given it a different twist and the explanations and the solutions are wonderful!
    And like everyone has shared i too am going through a lot....and i think in certain places i have been like what you have said....by being positive and depending on inner strength etc, i have been able to tide over a lot.....
    But what you have brought out is true.....noted some points also, like

I take responsibility for myself.....I have the power to make things better. ONLY i am responsible for what i will become.

I loved these lines....
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention,and of course your own personal life experiences and the way you have analysed LIFE is helping us a lot!:2thumbsup:

3. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

Very Informative post. Like so many other have mentioned this post could not have come at a better time for me. People are in the midst of crisises all the time and the way they face it seems to differ. Like you have aptly said we have to accept the crisis gracefully, well I think I have to learn to do that, from where I am right now I have a long way to go. Practice makes perfect right..... Your experiences in this aspect and many others in your personal life is such a boon to this forum. Thanks for that Chithra.

Love,
    Jothi.

4. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    Now, I think, without I L for more than 24 hours, was literally crisis management for us ! I am sure, each one of us was feeling lost ! I now wonder , if my post had a meaningful coincidence with what we went through as a community !!
    Management course & Chitvish - most impractical combination ever ! I did fear, you will all ponder, on reading the title, why I should choose such a topic.
    It is a regular occurrence in our lives, which we have to go through with strength of mind and faith in God.
    Whatever I write is mostly life experience - more practical than theoritical, anyday.
    Thankyou for joing us, Sudha.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Dear Jothi,
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Well, practice makes a man perfect! This is the case with crisis management also. As we go though in life, we realise that toughening ourselves and accepting people and more, situations is inevitable !
    I repeat what I have already written
    Tough times never last
    Only tough people last.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear chitvish,
    This article is exactly for me at the right time that too at this second.Always i get irritated and depressed just due to the reason you cited.We don't accept the limitaions.That is the problem for me.We have to accept the inevitable.I suffer problems just because i don't accept things.The problem is accepting things is again a problem of accepting(Am i putting all those who are reading in anger?)
    Take care
    Bhargavi

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  7. Chitvish

Dear Bhargavi,
    Thankyou for joining us here.
    I exactly understand what you write repeatedly & underline as well.
    But many things in life are choiceless & by experience, we realise that we have to go through them ! We never invite crisis, but crises come to us uninvited.
    Accepting comes over the age only by practice & never by choice !
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

A very well thought and written post. How very true - while reading this I tried to remember a few inspiring people in my life and it is definitely their ability to avoid crisis/face unavoidable crisis with dignity that makes them inspiring. We try our best to console a person who is very depressed, but respect and learn from a person who has the ability to handle a crisis with poise. Thanks for bringing out a well known fact and making us reflect on that. I hope I remember this when it is needed most( reflecting more on it will surely help, because thoughts eventually become action ).

Looking forward to your personal management write-up. Being a home-maker is no easy task, it is the most demanding and under-recognised role. In fact, when I read your kitchen organization tip, I was tempted to ask you to write about how you organize your time( as you seem to have time for everything ), but that was the time you started writing on thoughts from Gita and decided against distracting you. I am now glad that this topic has emerged from your reflection on Gita.

-Gayathri.

9. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri,
    It is a pleasure to read your f B.
    Handling crises with poise does come in life eventually - crises do not leave anybody "scotfree" ! I personally feel, faith in God is very essential at such times. Somewhere that helps you relax & you handle the situation better, rather take it in your stride !
    I will send you a P M about time management on a personal level. I can never excuse myself if I fail to do, whatever I want to accomplish on any given day.
    This week again, I am dealing with the Gita from a different stand point. I want to keep on changing topics to prevent monotony from setting in.
    Please stay tuned.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

I was going through the above thread today and felt that the following sentences from your mail were very specific.

I am also facing a crisis regarding my transport arrangements to and from office. Believe me, I am undergoing great mental stress because of this. But after reading your clear thoughts, I feel motivated and will definitely find a way out of this and remain cheerful.

Thanks again and again.