1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Creative Hobbies - Bane or Boon in marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ShilpaMa, May 25, 2010.

1. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

MST,
    That is a very TALL ladder, sure you wanna come down from cloud 9.:rotfl

When it comes to creative hobbies, I love to sew and that has been my hobby since childhood. I don't let my hobby interfere with my other busy lifestyle. Instead of TV, I prefer the sewing machine. I am teaching my daughter and my niece how to sew.

Regards,
    OOPALL.

2. ShvetaGupta

ShvetaGupta New IL'ite

Any activity that refreshes you is worth it. This not only helps you in being positive, but it also paves way for loving yourself. Of course, then only you are going to be in a position to give more to your family. So its apt for one to indulge in such activities.

3. Manjuananthu

Manjuananthu Bronze IL'ite

4. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I think hobbies play an important role in anyone's life. It gives you a sense of achievement and its a perfect outlet for creativity.

When I moved to Canada 20 years ago, dh was busy working and I had long days to kill time. So my love for different hobbies started lol!!! Over the years I have tried cross stitch, embroidery, painting, jewelry making, sewing and scrapbooking.

After many years I still scrapbook and have even taught classes in scrapbooking. I also got some of my work published.

It gave me pride in my work, outlet for my creativity, sense of achievement and kept me busy too. It also give me something to do on my own and makes me happy :)

I think it had done wonders for me :)

5. ardhra

ardhra Gold IL'ite

Well, for me hobbies are there to make me happy and also to bring me out of the regular nagging. All the activities which I do depict my mood. Sometimes I get scared if my DH would find out my mood by seeing those..

Regarding support from spouse -
    My DH will be happy if I am on my own. He'll never discourage me unless ofcourse I do not make him spend too much in the name of hobby gigglingsmiley This I will not since I am working. He never appreciates anything I do... There will be more of criticism... Initially I used to get irritated but, after one incident I got to know he has his own way of appreciation. Once I had done an Arthi Plate for which I got some negative comments from him. But when I was not there he was admiring it with a smile on his face... It was an awesome feeling :)

His hobby is going on long drives, reading.. we don't share our hobbies..

My hobbies : Singing and listening to Carnatic Classical Music (Not a good singer these days...), pencil sketching, very little painting, making Aarthi plates and puja plates, reading good books, shopping for myself and some trivial things here and there :)

6. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Hobbies- I have always indulged in my favorite hobby of reading - fiction, non fiction, magazines etc throughout my active working life of 30 years and continue to do so ven now. I would say it is the greatest stress buster. After resigning voluntarily, my hobbies have only widened to include sewing, knitting, embroidery etc. I feel hobbies allow us to find fulfilment ourselves without dependency on our partners, family. Ofcourse in the earlier years of marriage and family, it could become a bone of contention in marriage, if our hobbies overlap our duties towards family. But am sure all of us know when and how we can find space for ourselves.

7. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Ah! Noticed later that this is an old post and my reply is not exactly relevant to OP's question.

8. DanaChitra

DanaChitra New IL'ite

Hello
    My [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]hobby is going on long drives, reading.. gardening :)[/FONT]