Creating and Implementing a Software Testing Process

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by imemyself, Jun 5, 2008.

1. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi, I am into a project right now which already has developed the product and right now in marketing stage. So, once we get a client we will start with the customisation work and will follow the SDLC cycle. I am the Test Lead for the project and this is my first stint into a complete Testing process.So i would like to implement a process which i can follow to ensure that the Testing process happens fool proof and also help in productivity.Has anyone worked in a Development Project which has a Testing lifecycle included? If so can anyone help me in giving ideas to create and implement a test process for the project?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008

2. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

hello

try to first lay out the test strategy as to what phase of testing you are planning (like unit, integration, system, end to end and UAT) who will do it etc
    with this strategy create a test plan (higher level) it would look more like a project plan (you can also put it in the MS Project)
    for templates you can google search test strategy documents and test plan documents and take the formats.
    then schedule daily and weekly calls and meetings
    reporting and logging formats
    roles and responsibilites
    start and end dates and the impact on the project etc/

good luck