Creamy Pasta recipe ?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by chitramayakumar, Aug 1, 2013.

1. chitramayakumar

chitramayakumar Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

If any one knows creamy pasta recipe restaurants style ?

I tried it with white sauce, I couldn't get correct texture. I found that, in restaurant they add tomato sauce and cheese.

I like to do it for my kids ....

2. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Here is what I and my kids love it.
    Boil pasts as per direction. Put a pan or karahi over med heat. Put 1-2 table spoon of butter and let it melt. Now add 1-2 tb sp maida & cook on med heat stiring constantly. You can smell the maida getting cooked. Once its med golden add milk 1/2 or 1 cup slowly and keep stiring all this time. Keep the heat on low and let this thicken. Add a bit of salt( less then what you wud put as you boiled the pasta in salt water) and pwd cinnamon and black pepper.
    Once you see that is thick add some grated cheese ( mozerella or chedder) 1/2 c and red sauce( same amount as the white sauce you just preparaed). mix well and add pasta to this. If you have fresh basil add some to this or dry basil will work too. Serve hot :)

You can add also minced meat to this. Cook meat separately with salt, black pepper and basil and add to sauce at the same time as pasta.

3. Armaity25

Armaity25 Silver IL'ite

Here is what I prepare.A healthy creamy pasta.
    In a pan heat very little oil.Add chopped carrots,squash or any other veggie the kids hate to eat.Cover it and cook for some time keeping some water on the lid.Add some tomatoes (in lesser amount than the veggie used) and cook them further.Let this cool for some time.Grind it to a paste.Do not add water while grinding.In a pan add some oil,then the paste and stir it.Add some readymade pasta sauce and cook it for some time.Then add milk and cook it for some time.Add a pinch of sugar to balance the tastes and salt and cook it a bit.Then add olives sliced(optional) and stir it.Surprisingly this pasta is creamy without adding cheese,butter or cream.If you want you can add grated cheese at the end with the olives.

4. Bombay2Goa

Bombay2Goa New IL'ite

Hi
    Creamy tomato pasta sauce is easy thetrick is to first roast the tomatoes in the oven. Quarter the tomatoes, sprinkle with s/p, sugar and olive oil and roast for about 45 mins till soft and squidgy and a little caramelised. Then put in a pan with oil ,onion and garlic and cook till a sauce consistency. You may want to puree it a bit with an immersion blender. Add a bit of water or tomato puree to adjust the taste and consistency of the sauce. Then add your herbs, veg, balsamic vinegar etc to the sauce. This works a treat every time!
    Another one i love is a simple cream sauce. Saute onion and garlic. Pour in some double cream, a bit of veg stock if you wish, herbs and some grilled mushrooms and the throw in the pasta. Simple and easy. But not to often due to the calories! ps i throw in a pinch of curry pwd in this sauce, gives a indo twist or stir in a teaspoon of green chilli pickle, really yumm!!
    Btw I notice u are in London, been here for long?