1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Craft Works : Knitting : Ideas for Sweater

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by sanravi_1970, Nov 14, 2006.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sunitha and Sandhya

thanks for ur useful information, sunitha i know that we can get craft items from michael's but i dont know whether they teach in my area.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi,

I did not see if there was any thread for knitting as the one for crochet (Indus lady u can move this thread if there is one). i love knitting also.
    Thinking of knitting a vest for my son for this winter. after being back in chennai, the jackets and all will look silly so we have already donated. but heard that winters are becoming colder here in chennai also (not sure) . my son goes for cricket coaching early in the morning. so as a safety want to knit a light jumper/sleeveless sweater which he can wear inside his uniform.so anybody who has a nice pattern can share. if anybody is interested we can motivate each other. maybe that would make me do it faster:2thumbsup:

Love.
    shanthi.

3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi shanthi

I have been doing knitting for past few mnths and just doing the first sweater, but its not sleeveless, its like wearing by head. U can go to the site, knittinghelp.com for more information.
    They also teach u the basic knitting and they discuss a lot abt patterns and other stuffs.
    Hope it will be useful

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi, sanravi, i was thinking on lines of sleeveless as it will not be too cold in chennai and if needed can be worn inside their uniforms. I have seen few patterns. I have been making sweaters for some time now. new born children in the family do get one from as a gift.

I have decided the pattern. i am thinking of adapting the moss stictch into the sweater. will post as i do.

Do post your sweater when u complete.

love
    shanthi.

5. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Thats good that u got an idea to do it.
    I will surely post my sweater once done.

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear shanvi,
    as u are a good knitter just a site for u to get some ideas, i did the shoe with real jeans material with getting the holes done and a lace hanging out of it, it was a super hit.....try it may be u can also come up with innovation, children love all that at this age.....SWEATERS~ Boys Fall Handknits hope been of help regards sunkan

1 person likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sunkan,
    thanks a lot. u are right about the shoe lace hanging, it would really look cool. but lot of hardwork to count the pattern make a graph of the design and then work out the stitches. too much work right now not having much time with taking care of in-laws,children in new environ and all those things.
    will keep the design in mind. if i make the chart will definitely share it with other enthusiasts.

Love,
    shanthi

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear shanthi,
    all u need to do is the shoe with the jeans material a small one according to ur sweater size and get it zig zagged on the middle front with the lace hanging out..any good tailor will do with a patch of material beneath to save ur knitting from getting stretched..it would look grt..regards sunkan

9. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

hand knitting

hello ladies,i wanted to knit my little son a wollen sweater.can any of you teach me a nice pattern or guide me to any such site .i know the basics of knitting.regards,humera

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: hand knitting

hi humera,

I love knitting and crochet. it is always a pleasure to knit for our loved ones..

check out the patterns here...looks easy..if you have any doubts..do discuss..will try to help with my little knowledge...

KnittingHelp.com | Free Knitting Patterns - Children's Clothes

one piece of suggestion..just check you tensions and measurements..and work accordingly....

all the best..and do tell me if you like and have selected any....