1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cradle crib bedding for 3 month old in India, recommendations? traveling from US for

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cooks2010, Feb 20, 2014.

1. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Hello, I am in US at the moment and my baby sleeps in a crib from IKEA. I am going to India for a month and was looking online at available sleeping options for the baby. I realize many parents in India co-sleep, but I am interested in purchasing a cradle for the baby to sleep in.

The ones I saw online are from mee mee, motherhood, nataraj etc... I am not familiar with these companies. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, all of them have mosquito nets, do people use them?

Not sure how the baby will react being enclosed in a mosquito net thing, since here the baby sleeps in a big open crib.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cooks.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Re: Cradle crib bedding for 3 month old in India, recommendations? traveling from US

I'm sorry I don't know about cots in india. However some other info that might help...

Citronella patches are available online which are supposed to be quite effective against mosquitoes. I haven't tried them myself but I heard from a friend that you stick the patch to the child's clothing and poof! No nasty bites. Just buy some before you go to India. That should take care of the net.

3. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Re: Cradle crib bedding for 3 month old in India, recommendations? traveling from US

Wow! thanks for that tip, never heard of such patches, I will definitely find out more about them.

Cooks.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Cooks, I have no idea about cribs/bedding in India. When we went there, I co-slept with my DD. However, for mosquitoes, there is an infant safe cream called odomos, which worked really well to ward off mosquitoes.

5. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Thanks, I will check out the cream.

cooks.