1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cracking the codes - Part II

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

This post is a sequel to my earlier post http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...223316-cracking-our-codes-rewriting-them.html where I discussed how thought patterns are emerging from our prior lives, need to control our mind and senses, problems of dualism and how our experiences are aligned with our thoughts. I have not elaborated on how I consider my experiences as in perfect alignment with my thoughts and this post is to discuss it at great length.

It is my concerted opinion that every life when it is created, the path to reach its goal has been carefully crafted to give the possibility of each life achieving its objective. Each life’s primary objective is to find its purpose and align the body, mind and intellect, the three tools that are provided to execute its purpose. When we get our thoughts in our mind like a movie shown in a screen, we often wonder why I get such thoughts. They are primarily unfulfilled desires and passions that we longed to pursue or the habits that have created a strong encryption in the soul. We also get thoughts that would help us to fulfill our Karma.

But with the thoughts alone, one can’t fulfill the life’s purpose but one needs to connect the experiences with those thoughts to crack the codes that enables us to understand the purpose of life. Generally, a thought that solidifies into strong will power changes our course or perception of life. Here is an example of such thought aligning with the experience to change the course of my life. My father told me that I should never become an engineer as most of our family members went on to become an engineer. He asked to specifically focus on becoming a Chartered Accountant and hence despite all my interest in science and mathematics, I changed course to study B.Com followed by CA. When I completed CA in 1977, he was very pleased and told me that I should make use of that knowledge to become very successful in the industry.

Unfortunately, I chose the path of practicing Chartered Accountancy for 7 years until after a year passed my wedding. It is my wife who suggested that I could become much more successful in the industry, if I were to make the move to work for the industry. I listened to her carefully (remember she is 8 years younger to me) and decided to change course and started working in the technology industry, a passion I originally had naturally in my bloodstream. In 1987, my father died and before his death, I spent considerable amount of time with him. He kept telling that his dream is for me to lead a very happy and contented life but be the first to enter territories that were not entered by him. He also predicted that I would become spiritual only after I get to the age of 50. His death jolted me a lot at the age of 33, however, I was more determined to be successful to align myself with his wishes. I became a Chief Financial Officer of a premier R & D firm that was focused on developing high performance computers, system and application software for the scientific and engineering fields. Later in 1992, immediately after opening of the economy in India, I joined the Indian subsidiary of a US based software company. I worked for the subsidiary in India for 3 years and built several offshore facilities in India. In 1995, I migrated to the US, as requested by the headquarters, to take a higher position in the corporate world.

Those who read my blogs earlier may be familiar with my growth in the corporate world. I was handling the overseas operations of this US Company for a while and later became Executive Vice President approving all bids presented to Fortune 100 corporations. I handled an initial public offering followed by one follow-on offering. At this stage, our CEO requested me to be in charge of Mergers and Acquisitions and I carried out my responsibilities in that role for 3 years executing 18 acquisitions in Australia, Canada, France, Japan, UK and the US. The company grew from $27 million in revenues to $350 million in revenues and got sold in 2001. I resigned from the company to pursue my own consulting business to help small to mid-sized companies execute their acquisition strategy. Because I was on my own, it helped me indulge myself in reading and understanding of several spiritual books that changed my outlook completely.

When I look back, my dad’s request to do something different in my career, my wife’s suggestion to change course in my career, my passion for engineering, the job opportunities that were offered to me, knowledge I gained from my various jobs that leading me to my next career, time to focus my attention and learn more about spirituality happening at a time predicted by my father, etc. are not coincidence but built for me to go in that direction. I was able to connect my thoughts with my experiences.

I am sure many of you experienced similar life changing events in your life and I would like to learn from your experiences, if you share it here. For some, it happens at a testing time while it happens at a good time for others. I did experience thoughts Vs experiences synchronization in other areas and I will present them later in order to keep this post brief.

2 people like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswamitra,
    I am very much delighted to learn of your high academic career and your rich experiences and turning into spiritualism.How you started your life as a Chartered Accountant as per your father's wishes and then changed to consulting having a nice experience of amalagamation,assimilation and reconstruction of so many firms. A great achievement amidst challenges!

Still more laudable is your achievement in spiritual side.

Today all graduates science, commerce or Engg end up in MBA or consulting.Many don't think about the spiritual side.

On the other hand there are people who are not much educated, lead a hand to mouth living, still aspire for spiritual growth.The elite readers who have read books on spirituality or attended basic courses in yoga and meditation have a clear theoritical knowledge about chakras,kundalini etc etc.They go to many classes and strive their best to achieve the real purpose of life.

There are others who by a simple behaviour pattern ,without any knowledge of the bombastic combination of thought-experience etc etc realise the same object.
    We require some academic background to understand the terminologies ,appreciate them and try for transformation.

On many occasions the more we try to understand 'enlightenment',it will elude us as a flying bird.When we start contemplating on the reason, it dawns on us that enlightenment does not come from the 'MIND'.It comes from'NO MIND'
    It comes from just being what you are. You are already enlightened and you just have to realise it and allow it inside .

Most of us keep a ' no entry' board to see our own self.All human beings are created as'bundles' of love. It is our lust, ego and desires that stand as an impediment and change the real route.
    If we try to be our own real self from within,live a life of love and sympathy,we need no higher degrees, no position of executives, no elaborate lessons on yoga and meditation, no knowledge of various chakras,astral body etc etc.
    Just an ordinary selfless life without hurting others( called by the elite as KARMA YOGA).The goal is there for us.
    We need a Guru to know where to look for and NOT WHAT TO LOOK FOR.That is in built in every one of us.
    Let us realise our own real self, real capabilities and reap the fruits-whether we are academically brilliant or mediocre students, a great technologist, a research scholar or a daily wage earner.
    ( This is not to discourage academics)

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Thank you for your first response.

I really liked what you said above. I always believe the distance between the Lord and ourselves is the distance between us and our Self. Barrier to entry is really our own outer qualities that fails to develop some of the inherent qualities in us. Over the course of time we develop, anger, jealousy, hate, ego, lust, etc. and fail to recognize our longing for Sathya, Dharma, Shanti, Prema and Ahimsa.

Bhavaroga is caused by our own mind and it can be cured only by the mind itself. We have to discipline our mind in order to pursue our goal. No mind is easier said than done. Initially, we have to keep the mind occupied with good thoughts and that is why the learned people suggest Satsung, Selfless Service, Repetition of a name, Yoga, Meditation as means to control the mind. Those activities won't take us to the seat of Self but at least prevent the mind from keeping as tied up in the whirlpool of desires. if our screen is frozen in the computer, we use control, alter and delete button simultaneously in order to reboot the computer. In case of the human mind, we have to first control, then alter and finally delete the mind.

From time immemorial, people have talked about Nishkama Karma. Only an act of doing our own actions as though we are performing it for the Lord with no expectations of the fruits would lead us towards enlightenment. That is the way to move from selfishness to selflessness. Of course, we need a Guru who can provide the guidance towards the right direction. We also need to make our effort in order to become a student of a learned Guru as Guru would prequalify whether a person is ready to travel down the path before accepting a student.

I agree with you that one need not be an accomplished person in a materialistic world to achieve enlightenment nor he needs to be an academic scholar. But how good is education if it does not lead us towards our goal of becoming selfless and serve the humanity? It has become a fact most education has become a tool for us to make a living more than refining us as a fine human being. Even a scholar in Vedas won't be able to accomplish his goal, if he does not refine himself during his lifetime to get rid of his desires and attachments.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear glad to know that you fulfilled your father's wishes and your wife has always been a support to you in everything. In your case the saying behind every successful man there is a woman behind is very true.

My son also did CA and during his articleship he joined our office for training, during which times computers had come and he had an opportunity to learn ERP in our Company. Learning that helped him a lot and made him well versed and now he is taking up ERP Projects. He is a Director now and he gets many projects. He was in India and now he is in Dubai and gets projects from Bahrain and now he has to go to South Africa. He also gives training to Students. After finishing his Xth I told him to become a CA . I feel so happy when he sees my success is due to my mother and he appreciates his Dad for being economic. He always tells him with less finance you got both my sisters married .

5. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

Thank you you for reading and responding to this post. It is so nice to know that you are instrumental in your son finding a potential opportunity to become an ERP consultant. Your husband is a gift to the humanity and it is no wonder your son admires his father for his simple living.

Thank you you for sharing your experience of what changed course in your son's life. I always believe that our experiences are lined up to execute our thoughts and one carefully looks at opportunities, one can fulfill his thoughts. One should never resist the passion that comes naturally to each person. If we do, we will have to come back again to fulfill that desire. Eliminating the encryption is painfully slow process towards enlightenment but a steady process.

My best wishes to your son.

Viswa

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

All I could think of when I read your post and JS ma'ms response was Richard Bach and I quote

“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self. Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.
    You're always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past.”

I am still working on understanding the second half of the quote though...but I am sure I will get the understanding when I am ready.

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Sabitha,

It is not only you, many of us are struggling to get a proper understanding of the difference between Mind, Body, Intellect complex and the Self. Intellectually, we understand the concept but when it comes to practicing it in real life, the ignorance push aside the Knowledge. Free Will allows us to choose the path to feel the oneness now or later but every life has a destination to feel that oneness sometime or the other. Once we have nothing more to learn in life, we become the Truth itself.

As you have rightly pointed out in many posts of yours, the nature shows the secret behind achieving the unity with the divine energy. The additional discriminatory power that is given to the humans to achieve more sometime is the bottleneck. When we look around the nature, everything has the attitude of surrender and recognize the oneness of the energy around them when compared to energy inside of them.

Thoughts in us enables duality and thoughtlessness achieves unity. But without thoughts and experiences, human beings can't get to thoughtlessness. If we establish unity with the creation understanding the universal energy just like the nature we see around us, we begin the process of purifying ourselves and eventually identify the divine spark in us. What comes naturally to the nature has to be discovered by the humanity. When we appreciate the creation, identify ourselves with the nature, and sanctify ourselves by experiencing oneness, we make enormous progress towards primordial energy.

Viswa

8. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

V' the transformation journey has been wonderful but it took its time to come on course.

Many of us are rudderless and by the time we realize and take control, it may have slipped away for many, not of course in your case and you have saved your Titanic. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Viswa Sir, all along I always thought you were an engineer based on your writings, how vivid you are and how social you are. Most of the CFOs, i have seen have been dry and boring. Their presentation is also just reading the slides - revenues were x, sequential increase of y% QTQ, GMs were......

Thanks for sharing your inspirational journey.

1 person likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Dear GG,

I don't take credit personally for those accomplishment. I admire the set of circumstances that enabled me to connect the dots assuming that there is a general agenda behind all those circumstances. I wrote the whole post to emphasize that we are presented with a set of circumstances that matches our passion and it is up to us to grab them and run with the common thread behind all those circumstances.

Hahaha.... There is no saving of Titanic. Only issue is I have to come back again to experience similar circumstances to pursue those passions.

Viswa

1 person likes this.