1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cracking our codes and rewriting them

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]Bharadwaj wrote a wonderful post titled as “Is God the best programmer ever”? He has compared the life wonderfully well with writing codes. As a sequel to that, I would like to mention that the life is all about cracking our codes and rewriting our own destiny. Many writers have written a lot about death in IL and not many has written about birth. We fail to recognize that birth is the root cause of death. If we were not born, we would never be concerned about dying. The scientific explanation of a child crying after arriving is to indicate he/she is hungry. But the child inside the womb is always thinking about all his/her actions in all prior lives and consequences of such actions and after arrival cries that he/she needs to go over another life. This is the spiritual explanation. But unfortunately, the child who lives with complete awareness in the womb enters a new phase of forgetfulness which we call us worldly consciousness.

Dualism begins right after arrival and a child gets separated from its divine nature. Our journey of dualism begins from the time we were born and continues until death. But the very same dualism that separates us from our divinity also could be used as a tool to learn how to crack our codes and rewrite them. We have to learn a very important spiritual discipline of controlling our mind and senses. It is the constant feed of what we see, hear, smell, taste and feel creates the world in our mind and we begin to delve in this world as an individual. We fail to recognize the divinity in us. We have to silence the chatter in our mind and learn to concentrate on watching our thoughts as though we are independent from our mind. As we know, it is our Vasanas (encryption) of all our past actions come in the form of thoughts with intend to fulfill the desires. When we concentrate on our thoughts, it not only gives us the idea of which ones are good Vs bad, but also provides great insight into our life’s purpose. This is what I call as cracking our code. We have more work to do inside of us than outside in this world.

It might be difficult to understand but the reality is our experiences are aligned with our thoughts. We get opportunities all the time to fulfill our desires and it is our mind that fails to recognize such opportunities. When we concentrate on our thoughts and pick the best thoughts for execution, we need to make sure we do those actions with complete commitment and devotion to those actions with no expectation of the results. The concentration empowers those thoughts significantly with enormous energy. This sustained effort in increasing our concentration expands our attention span to continue our exercise of watching our thoughts. The calming of the mind becomes sustainable automatically. The next step is to contemplate on such good thoughts for a prolonged period of time and make our mind extract the essence of such thoughts. We should also simultaneously learn to control our senses and make it highly focused on serving the fellow beings with complete devotion.

When we develop concentration and contemplation, senses and mind control come naturally and we learn to accept the pleasure and pain with equanimity. When we practice a disciplined life, we reach a meditative state and the mind becomes a disciplined solider executing good thought into action. At that stage, our mind becomes a wonderful tool to execute the divine directions. We become selfless and unconditional love manifests directly out of our heart to every fellow being around us. Everything we do become divine action and we lead an ideal and purposeful life. We begin erasing our encryption and rewrite our own code that liberates us from the cycle of birth and death. We are born in this world to learn not to be born again. The only way we could accomplish that is to take steps to eliminate our encryption and rewrite our own code. The real success is finding this path and not the material success in life. When we find that path, everything else will fall in line. That is the path to liberating ourselves from birth/death cycle.
    [/JUSTIFY]

13 people like this.

2. Nithi1588

Nithi1588 Junior IL'ite

3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Viswa dear what a thought provoking post for which I have no words to appreciate you. You are a real Gyani and we are blessed in IL to have you here. It is very difficult to be without material success in life, those who can live without desires and spend their lives in concentrating on the divine are really great. True that without birth there is no death.

I dont know whether this quote will fit here.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.

William Shakespeare

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswamitra

Beautiful post on life and death.

5. Viswamitra

Dear Nithi,

From 10 smiley faces, I assume this post of mine brought smile in your face. I am very happy to see your first response. I will feel even happier, if you could kindly give your comments about this post. I learn a lot from the responses I receive to my posts. Anyhow, thank you for being the first one to respond to this post.

Viswa

6. Viswamitra

Dear Viji Akka,

Thank you for your kind words. I am far from being a Gyani. I believe that when we begin our journey on a spiritual path with the qualities of truth, right conduct, love, peace and non-violence, the material success will automatically come from that. We need to only work towards happiness rather than what we perceive will bring happiness. Material success gives happiness for a while but does not provide long lasting peace that we need to establish in our heart. Otherwise, why would someone like Bill Gates walk away from his Microsoft empire and run a mission to give away his wealth for the welfare of the world?

The quote is very apt. We are all playing multiple roles in a drama. Sometimes, we get a larger role and sometimes a smaller role. We have to do our part right and to the satisfaction of the director. The same rule applies to symphony and all the instrumentalist should sync very well with other instruments as well as the with the hand moments of the conductor.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Aruna,

Thank you for your kind words and I sincerely appreciate your reading this post.

Viswa

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswamitra,

Just came to tell you I have been reading all your snippets and enjoying them. Only reason I do not reply is that there is nothing I would like to add to what you have said as I totally agree with all you have said.

Somehow this cycle of birth and death has been bothering me a lot - don't want to come ever ever again, but who knows? Am only slowly coming to terms with the idea that I do my best to do things right and the rest ...... does one have any option but to accept it as it comes?

1 person likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Satchi,

I delve on that thought just like you, "I don't want to come ever again". In fact, that thought itself is the first step toward eliminating that cycle as it creates an impression in our Consciousness. When we are very grateful or attached to our parents or siblings or spouse or children, we always say, "If I have another birth, I would like to be your daughter or sister or wife or mother respectively." These words create an impression also in our Consciousness as well. Why wait until next life and let us do it when we are here and now. Gratitude is very important at the same time we have to realize that every relationship is only one time during that particular life.

When we become thoughtless, lose all our desires and attachments, achieve equanimity with pleasure and pain, remove all our unwanted qualities such as anger, jealousy, hate, greed, etc. (if we have any of them), reach a meditative state in our day to day life, we could achieve state of remaining constantly in our divine consciousness. Those who achieve that state is called "Sthithaprajnas". They actually become liberated from the world and no longer dependent on the world. They lose the body consciousness as well as the concept of time and space. They begin to see past, present and future. At that stage, they can also see that their encryption is eliminated and their divine consciousness is liberated even when they are still alive.

Such beings exist in this world even today among us but our normal mind finds it difficult to recognize them. At that stage they have no rebirth. Instead of Law of Karma applying its rules on such a soul for incarnation to face the consequences of their actions, they have the freedom to come to the world at their will to join the part of the mission of the Universal Absolute when the Lord Himself makes Avatar to establish Sanatana Dharma.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir
    Very educative post... Like Satchi has pointed out ... You have deeply analysed and written it beautifully ... I am going thru such a phase that I term it as at crossroads to choose a path and your articles come across as beacon for me especially this

Thank you very much it must be His will that I get help from your articles... May God grant you strength to pen more such articles as it will be of help to confused souls like me....

3 people like this.