1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cracked!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Oct 8, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Saveetha was very angry then. It was already late and her boy Praveen was not opening his mouth at all, despite her efforts. And she snapped when he pushed the spoon fast. The spoon fell down and the food was quick to give a yellow stain to the tile where it was splattered. She shooked the little 4 year old and shouted. Whether his stomach filled or not, we can't say, but his eyes did. She cooled down fast and pacified him, wiped him and the floor fast, cursed her husband Anand once again, for not being there [he was off on an official trip] and ran, dragging Praveen when the impatient school van driver honked once more.

Minutes later, she was off to work too. That night, the same story continued and Praveen just refused to eat. "What happened to you? Why are you not eating?", she shouted after feeling helpless. She then forced him to a glass of milk, put him in his bed and sang a song or two. When she saw him closing his eyes, she left him, in the room, slowed down the fan a bit and moved off to kitchen in a hurry, without making any sound. After what could be termed as an eternity, she finished all her chores and came back to check. From that distance, her kid looked cute, though his face was not all that calm.

She felt a bit hard for scolding him more that day. She went closer and just bent to kiss his forehead. She did and was about to move when she heard him saying, "Please mommy! Don't scold me!".

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This happens in many households. I feel that this is the side effect of having nuclear families and working parents. When my kids where a little younger, I had seen that when I got a little worked up about my kids not eating well or quickly enough and we had to rush, my MIL would usually step in and take the child or children and help out, or she would lend a hand in the kitchen and free me up to deal with the kids, same when my parents visit.

The little ones are also effected my a parent not being around or they pick up the tension from us though they may not be able to express it. It will certainly break a mom's heart to hear her child say those words.

Good one rgs!

Akila

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Akila, for your first comment. Though we long for our dear elders' company, sometimes we can't due to various limitations. And yes, children are deeply affected when they are scolded / abused. Its very difficult to maintain a balance, for the parents. -rgs

4. Laksharma98

Laksharma98 New IL'ite

Very true..... As Akila says its the story of every home..... Hope moms should have little patience, calm themselves first.... I know it's pretty difficult, let's try.

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Laksharma98, for your nice feedback and acknowledgement. Happy to receive a first from you. -rgs

6. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice one RGS .....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear rgs,

This happens in many homes..especially when both have stressful jobs. Children become the punching bags (I don't like the word but has to use it). As Akila wrote...if a little adjustment is made by MILs and DILs how peaceful life would be! Children also would be happy. As Sunita quoted Pearl S. Buck...that is also true. Aren't kissing mothers better than scolding mothers?

Syamala

8. rgsrinivasan

Those are wonderful quotes Sunitha [of course, thats your style] Thanks a lot for your feedback. -rgs

9. rgsrinivasan

Thats right Syamala. But remember, most of us, parents also grow while raising our kids. We become better and behave better. Isn't it? Thanks for your nice feedback. -rgs