1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cow Urine Creating A Storm!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Mar 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Give me the number then?

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I understand what you are trying to say but getting emotional and tarring an entire community for the actions of a few is not a rational response. In fact I should be more offended than you, being the daughter of one such soldier. My father is one of the senior-most Lieutenant Generals of the Indian Army. He was injured in a counter terrorism operation and has won awards both for gallantry and service. I know officers of the Army Intelligence Bureau, spy runners. You know who spies for India in Pakistan? Where all our intelligence comes from? Indian muslim men and women who cross over into Pakistan, live there months, years at a time. It is a secret almost never spoken of. Nearly 100% of ground intelligence is gathered by Indian muslims. Do you think Hindus go across the border to spy? I once met a 24 year old Kashmiri muslim officer, one of my dad's students, half whose body was paralyzed after taking a hail of bullets in Kashmir fighting terrorists. During the Kargil infliltration it was Kashmiri shepherds, muslims, who first saw the movement of Pakistani troops into India. They walked for days down the mountains to the army bases to notify them of the terrorists. You know how the man in charge responded, a Hindu? He didn't believe them. By the time we realized the scale of the infiltration they had taken over the major peaks in the region. We lost nearly 500 soldiers in Kargil. To think that could have been avoided. Later the Army court-martialed that general and stripped him of his rank. How do I know? My dad was on the bench of the General Court Martial proceedings.

In my years growing up in army cantonments I have seen enough patriotic muslims and people of minority communities to stand by my objection. Accusing muslims of having transnational loyalties is one of the reasons the younger generation is so disillusioned with the country. We are not helping them assimilate by pushing them away.

sindmani, kaniths, NeetaR and 5 others like this.
  3. Sunshine04

My statement was a joke .Of course all criminals have to be punished according to the law.

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There are no numbers. The Indian Army is a religion-blind organization. They don't collect religious affiliation data.

Rihana and Mistt like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It's classified information. If they tell me, they will have to kill me.

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What OP got as a forward is a joke according to some.

7. Sunshine04

I am not angry at the entire community, only some miscreants

Gauri03 likes this.
  8. Sunshine04

Making fun of someones religion is not a joke for me as for any respectable human being
    And I respect all religions. I will close at this

shravs3 and Gauri03 like this.
  9. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

In general i respect all religions. I have a bible, quran and geetha at home and encourage my kids to read all. They do too! In fact, when i got married in arya samaj, the person who stood as my brother to sign on my behalf was a muslim. I believe god is one and we all pray as per the religion we are born into.

That said, my question is do my friends in other religions believe the same? I never thought much about this until my kids started going to school and started questioning things.

Today, when i look around at my fellow friends belonging to muslim or christian religion, they do or say things which irk me a lot. I have this friend who is born a Hindu but married a christian. Nothing wrong in that right.....however, after marriage, she has stopped communicating to her mom or visiting her mom for festivals. Her answer is Hindu gods are silly and not real and Jesus is the only god. And she tells me the same when my kids are around!

As a devout and practising Hindu, i take offense in that. I dont want to malign that religion even here to prove my point because i believe in Jesus Christ just as much as i believe in Rama or Shiva.

So, i stopped talking to her!

I have a muslim colleague who was a good friend of my mine. Well, she was dear until she started hinting things in a subtle way about how Pakistan is great in a lot of aspects. Like for instance, we talk about movies, she will say, pakistan makes great movies yar...you should see blah blah blah goes the topic. Otherwise, we talk about food, she says 'i know a wonderful pakistani chef...you should try her recipies'....nothing wrong in that right...maybe those movies and that chef are really good! the trouble starts when she says, indian movies are bakwaas, or food here is horrible! Or Indian serials are waste. Pakistani new channels/ anchors are best!

So my question is where is her loyalty? Is it towards India or Pakistan? I usually hate trying to argue on these sensitive issues at work place so i avoid answering back much..but sometimes, you know the patriotism or religious fervor takes over and i end up saying something that leads to an argument.

However, every time i have realised that only i back down or end up patching up things. I know people will say that's good, you should be good and do good and thing good. Don't try and complicate things.

But how long should i endure these? At times, i do feel like telling her go to Pakistan if you adore it so much but no, they dont want to do that. Then why malign this nation that is giving them food, clothes and shelter?

I understand this point Rihana, or atleast i am trying to. But What if the other group tries to always put you down?

However, not everybody is like this. There are few Muslims who look beyond the religion and consider themselves as Indians first. I dont have any problem with those people at all.

But what about those who put our country down. I still remember this muslim lady from my husband's office from a long time ago who used to get sweets for everybody at her office every time Pakistan won a match and give a treat to her fellow teammates if Pakistan won the match against India.

In which category would you put these people in? How should we look at them? They stay with us but keep pulling us down. Should they be allowed to stay if they keep belittling our nation in favour of that one nation which creates so much havoc in our military and kills so many of our people? Also, they are not someone you can ignore on a daily basis seeing how they work alongside you.

Yes, i have minimised my communication with people like these. If i continue doing this, am i not sub-consciously creating a separate group? Or are they not separating themselves here?

sarvantaryamini and Sunshine04 like this.
  10. Sunshine04

Hindus don't drink cow urine. Maybe some.
    This joke has been going round the social media too..its really distasteful.
    Even during my school days, I remember Christian people from church used to come into our house to cajole us into conversion.
    They used to make fun of lord Krishna saying he has 1000 wives. What kind of God is he?
    Any person who makes fun of other religions is a person of very low ethics imo.
    You can be a staunch believer of your religion or an atheist it's up to you .
    but you don't have any rights to make fun of other religions

sarvantaryamini and shravs3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.