1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cow Urine Creating A Storm!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Mar 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

We will just drop them in the Pakistan side loc.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. Sunshine04

4 arrested for making objectionable remarks on Pulwama attack in UP - Times of India
    This are comments made by Indian muslims citizens
    When abhinandan varthaman was caught by Pakistan recently, many Indian muslims were tweeting , Sale ko maar do(kill him)
    I was really pained reading those tweets.
    Isnt the soldier fighting for all the Indian citizens (religion excluded)
    Recent incidents made me post the unfortunate viewpoint and I stick by it

NeetaR and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

@GeetaKashyap would your response be any different if a Hindu friend had forwarded it?

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If I tell someone not to send me certain types of videos or messages in a 1-1 or an intimate small group communication, I hope they respect my request. Just as OP's friend should have respected her preference.

Logic, faith, discussion of religion, what falls under free speech, etc., is a different discussion. I have learnt the very hard way that in the current times (past few years), these are almost best not discussed in forums on in person. Except with a few very close friends (believers and non-believers), I avoid such discussion.

GeetaKashyap and Afresh like this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Long time ago, in a widely watched American Television Program, Morarji Desai, the PM of India talked to Dan Rather (a CBS-TV reporter) about urine therapy. And went so far as to suggest that it is a very cost-effective preventative mediciine for all the people in a poor country like India.

The problem of expat Indians (or "Indian" looking brown people from other countries in South Asia) is that they are made to feel a level of "ownership" to whatever their ancestral nation is going through -- whether it be a positive achievement or an idiotic pronouncement from a nouveau neta. If one is not a mature grownup, but just in elementary or highschool, the pain of this thrust-upon-ownership of far away goings on could be real tough on the mind.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. Rihana

The movie Raazi is based on a true account.

The 38 CRPF personnel killed in the Pulwama terror attack included Muslim(s).

GeetaKashyap and SinghManisha like this.
  7. Sunshine04

44 soldiers were killed in the attack. I respect all of them.
    The perpetrator was identified as Adil Ahmad Dar (alias Adil Ahmad Gaadi Takranewala or Waqas Commando), a 22-year old from Kakapora in India

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  8. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Whatsapp or whatscrap as I like to call it is a breeding ground for spreading false and useless information. I only use it to message people and stay in touch. I do not bother reading anything else that people forward. It will only incite anger and cause one to lose your cool unnecessarily. There is a mute button that works well .
    Geeta, it is unfortunate that religion took over a seemingly good friendship. There is nothing wrong if you decide to end this friendship. But I would strongly recommend not affecting your relationships over WhatsApp crud.

NeetaR, GeetaKashyap and Sunshine04 like this.
  9. Rihana

You asked how many Muslims work in the Indian army. I provided some facts that could help in making a rough unscientific estimate. That you respect the martyrs ( we all do) and that the perpetrator was who he was are true but not relevant to your "how many Muslims work in the Indian army" question.

10. Rihana

That is funny. : ) People are not stripped of citizenship just like that. It takes a lot for a citizen to lose the right to live in his country. People are not citizens of a country at the pleasure or discretion of fellow-citizens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.