Covid19- How Has Your Routine Changed, What Are You Doing To Cope Up With Being Cooped Up

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vaikuntha, Mar 16, 2020.

1. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

In our city no severe affect yet, but there are high chances as well due to foreign students and reputed hospital nearby. And how my life got changed due to this:

Husband WFH for two weeks and holidays to kids. Seriously these things freaking out me.. It's exhausting to bare teen kids.. duh you will be screaming all the time for each naughty/sarcastic comments. I'm scared more to them than virus, so locking up myself for sometime in room.
    I didn't stock much food, I don't know my instincts not believing the situation to such extent. Have enough for 15 days and bought few snacks as all at home, so it's required..

Coming to virus, I'm believing that It will not (hopefully) affect India much due to high temperatures and already statistics were coming down globally. And also scared how if increases. Feeling low due to markets one is for drastic falls and couldn't able to use this opportunity for investing more :(

Two things I wanna do now, is roaming freely, loot some money to invest :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2020
    lavani and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@mangaii, Very less chances it is covid19, fingers crossed that it is just a normal cold.

You have already isolated yourself. Rest well. Regular fluid intake.Note down your symptoms. And be mentally prepared, you got this covered.

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

It is true of Chennai and yes best time to invest in stocks robust in fundamentals available cheap like Ambuja cements, Hdfc bank...
    God bless you with avenues to go with your intentions, investments..

rachaputi likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello: Be at home. You would get alright. Carry on indoor routines including workouts.
    Regards.
    God bless.

5. Thyagarajan

:hello:This reminds me the movie WORLD WAR Z in which depiction is eerie.
    Description
    Gerry, a former United Nations employee, unexpectedly finds himself in a race against time as he investigates a threatening virus that turns humans into zombies.
    Thanks and Regards
    God - Are you on Universal War with humanity that enraged you by their destruction of Nature.

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I am reading more about Covid-19 testing. It is one thing to list what are in a haystack, quite another to find ONE specific needle in a haystack.

Here is an easy to read primer that could get you into more detailed and complex things:
    What is a lateral flow immunoassay and how does it work?

7. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

wow , same feeling .

my kids are in elementry and middle. it is day 1 of remote learning. me and h are almost ready to sennd them for adoption.

shouting them to focus on work. while working with my office and then house food, outside everything is closed in here. it is driving me crazy :BangHead:

Amulet likes this.
  8. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Hang in there ladies.
    Kinda wistfully remember those frustrating days when the kids were younger., working at home meant no time to breathe.

I remember how much more mad I used to get when dad advised me to take 3 deep breathes when the going get tough, lol. But it helps .:grinning:

rachaputi likes this.
  9. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Lolll adoption :)))

I'm not less than an evil, making everyone to work, maid also not coming :((
    Distributed work to everyone..

No guts to send to off n school(of course closed) not a divine soul to bare. Sigh!!

10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

We have been having viral influenzas before; and we will have more of them in the future, says the fellow who predicted this one<source>; some excerpts from the Q&A:

Viruses live on a delicate balance, don’t they? They have to be able to thrive without killing their host.

Right. The ones that kill off their host quickly will disappear. With the SARS virus, it’s no surprise that killing 10 percent of its host, it wasn’t able to establish itself as a pandemic virus on this planet.

Are there any signs that this coronavirus will kill itself?

This one has a lower pathogenicity. The lower its virulence, the more likely it’ll become part of an endemic, part of a seasonal event. That’s one of the big things that’s going to be a worry. If it does go quiet over the summer months, then the question’s going to be, “Is it still infecting people?” We could be walking around in the middle of summer with influenza viruses, but they’re not active. They’ve just gone quiet. When the right ecology comes into play, it starts getting cold, and damp, then it starts replicating like crazy. If it’s able to park itself, and not kill its host over the summer months, then we’ve got a virus that has all the telltale signatures of establishing itself as part of our normative landscape, much to our detriment.
    And as for why Gates was not able to influence governments, there is this comment in the same source article:

..... governments and society by and large are governed by inertia. We don’t change and adapt and evolve very quickly. And we’re barely cognizant as a global society that the world we’re living in today is fundamentally different than the world our species has ever lived in. You know that old saw that if you drop a frog in a pot of boiling water, it will leap out. But if you take that same frog and put it in a pot of ambient water and slowly crank up the temperature, it will stay in that water and boil to death. It loses perspective on the changing environment around it. We’re that frog in the ambient water. We’re oblivious to the conditions that have enabled zoonotic viruses to become integrated into us.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    NOW and SunPa like this.