Covid19- How Has Your Routine Changed, What Are You Doing To Cope Up With Being Cooped Up

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vaikuntha, Mar 16, 2020.

1. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

As of now things are still developing where we live. We have to be cautious until the social distancing starts showing its effect on flattening the curve and things get into control. Trying to come up with a routine that will help us work from home while managing kids without feeling the burn out.

I am planning to keep the morning and evening routines more or less the same for us and kids. The challenge is to balance 8 am to 5 pm while having a toddler and elementary school aged kid at home. Our strategy is to have one parent focus on the kids+ household while one gets productive office work done at any given time. This strategy is not working at times but still helps to calm down and get things under control.

From the first few days this is what I realized so far, without commute to work and drop-offs and pick-ups to school/kids activities we save some time and energy actually. Still need to stick to meal plans, fixed bedtime routines and preparing the night before for things to go smoothly the next day.

Learning how to deal with this on the fly and who knows how many weeks or month(s) will it take to get things back to normal !!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Social isolation, as well as not touching the face:
    [​IMG]
    Image: from The Newyorker Magazine.

Dogs get a cone-collar to prevent them from touching their face. [ Usually this is done so that they do not scratch behind their ears and practically tear their ears off with too much scratching].

Normally I do not know how frequently I touch my face. But now, holding the hands firmly on the lap, or better yet, twisting the wrist around the bag-strap to keep the hand tied up are helping me somewhat to keep touching face to a minimum.

More spots are itching when you know you are working hard to stop scratching.

Damn... dogs and cats are immune to Covid-19. They can go and scratch all they want. Ours under these new rules is indeed a dog's life.

3. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Anyone who thinks that Coronavirus AKA Covid-19 can not get worse should watch the movie Contagion which was released on 2011. Here is the movie trailer

Sunshine04 and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Minion likes this.
  5. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

I had this question and I don't think I am clear regarding this. Why corona virus is having so much impact? Why didn't swine flu/SARS and other viruses in the past have this kind of impact? Especially considering that this virus affects only people who have low immunity? Is it that the virus is more contagious and can be easily caught?

6. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

What's mail order Desi food delivery? Where did you order?
    I didn't stock up earlier and tried to do last week. All the shelves were empty and an trying hard to get some veggies and groceries.
    How do you all manage to get veggies? We can stock up groceries for a month. But what about veggies? All the shops are empty. How do you get veggies and meat?

7. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

The answer to your question is in this video

sarvantaryamini and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Today morning I woke up with mild fever . I’m freaked out and isolated myself from rest of the family . Keeping my fingers crossed but at this point of time have to face whatever may happen . Stay safe and healthy

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Mangaii, as long as there are no old people or babies in your house, it should be okay. Just keep yourself quarantined. Don't go out for 2 weeks till the infection completely subsides.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Measure the temperature as frequently as you can and record. Drink fluids. Keep warm, and sweat.
    Watch this advisory about avoiding OTC medications that we normally take for fevers:
    Coronavirus Disease Information - Covid-19

Thyagarajan likes this.