Covid19- How Has Your Routine Changed, What Are You Doing To Cope Up With Being Cooped Up

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vaikuntha, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: You are now with your kids and DH in some place in INDIA.
    2. Compare your situation with rest of the people in other nations including USA
    WHICH DEPENDS on India for the COVID medicine Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) that came into limelight after Trump said he wanted to eliminate all barriers to make it available for the treatment of Covid patients in the US where the death toll has crossed 10,000.
    3. In US in Indiastores & amazon certain India based groceries and provisions including turmeric powder reported out of stock and fresh stocks to come from India. Situation vis-a-vis USA is far better in India and so your stuck up here in India” ought to comfort you from the view point of safety and risk of getting infected etc.
    Regards.

God Bless.

Vaikuntha and sanjuruby3 like this.
  2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Same thing my father says, whose words always work on me. That you are safe in a place with your kids and getting food. So stay put. Whole world is in mess so no control of situation.
    It is just I miss comfort of my home, less house chores, my stress reliever crafts/hobby/tools/gardening/ cleaning..etc. Here I barely get time to do anything and above all, control and ability to focus on work there. I am not even 50% productive right now. Since I have my full home office set up ... I know many people of are going through same.
    Also, I can feel pressure on my SIL for how long We will be there. We feel in transit.

My dreams are all about me being back in place and taking care of my home. Every night, while in bed, I apologize to my kids and my older one( who is 5) putting their lives at risk :-((

Oh god... when will it end?

Vaikuntha likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I am glad with your FB that strikes a positive note about Indian Government & it’s leadership that has been in appreciation from the world over.

2. As a torch bearer or as a beacon light Indian PM is in an effort to empathise with the situation of common man and other covid19 inflicted persons, evolves by consensus the sequence of steps to guard and guide the nation and its citizens. The cooperation by citizens in these COVID times with Him is acclaimed by the world. After yesterday’s ten o’clock speech to the Nation, I saw in street more wearing mask including push cart sellers.

3. In yesterday’s THE new Indian Express I read an article at edit page how to protect and precautions to be taken in joint family set up that includes senior citizens. It is available in net.

Stay home to feel at home in COVID times.
    Thanks and Regards.

God Bless.

Vaikuntha and messedup like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

So until May 3rd there is a lockdown.Then what happens?Does life return back to normal?

If we start mingling..won’t coronavirus spread again? Read in an article that it is going to take a long time to make the vaccine and unless it is taken, coronavirus cannot be eradicated.

My worry is kids are all at home until September which is just four months..
    After that, how can we confidently allow kids to go to school and mingle again? Isn’t that risky? Younger kids and masks/gloves..will that work?

It is very saddening to tell my home clean help that I cannot have it for some more time.She told me that nobody is calling her and she needs money in her life..it is heartbreaking.I informed that I will make it up once she is back.Maybe after sometime..seeing how things go,will offer her money beforehand.

It says it will take two years for life to return completely to normal..

Only good thing about this virus is pollution reduction.

What does the future hold??

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2020
    hino and KashmirFlower like this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

We will still have to practice social distancing once things start back up.Life is not magically going to snap back to normal. I don't plan to go to sit-down restaurants, malls, movie theaters or public places anytime soon except for grocery shopping. People will be wearing masks and gloves for a long time. We will have to accept that people may continue to get infected until an effective treatment or herd immunity kicks in. The vast majority of people will recover even if they get infected.

Milaani001 and anika987 like this.
  6. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

Sir, we have seen footprints in lift buttons. realized after few moments, its covid19 scary situation...

7. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

The situation will not be normal definitely,
    Cant hire maids and may be look for livein maids , which will be expensive.
    We will be scared to go on Cab. we never know who traveled before you.
    No more cooks, drivers or personal help for some time. Which will make life horrible and will get adjusted.
    we will be careful while buying groceries. We will clean every thing once it comes home.
    No more window shopping in malls.
    Definitely think twice before venturing out for a movie in theater.
    More more home food and more workouts @home.
    No more onsite or pleasure trips for 6-9 months.
    very careful while using shared transportation, shared pools , shared gym etc.

Life will be entirely different post COVID19 lockdown.

anika987 likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I have a question ..sorry if it is silly..

I have a grand puja which I host every year and it comes in July..Usually ladies come and go,take Prasad and sit..cabt I conduct that?

How about Halloween,Navratri/ golu etc..everything comes to a stand still?

Will all gyms be closed for the next two years?

How about people in IT? Will they go to
    Office in rotation basis?

I read in an article to find vaccine it will take 2 years..So are confined to home
    Until then?

9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

mangaii likes this.
  10. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

2 years probably I will die out of poverty . I have a better chance of surviving corona virus than the latter case .