My ILs were supposed to have traveled to the US just as the covid lockdown started in India. Their flight was canceled so they couldn’t make it. Now they want to come here as soon as the lockdown ends. I am very nervous. There are a lot of covid cases where they live and if they get on a plane and make the trip here their risk of infection is high. They are both 70+ and FIL has other health conditions. Seems like a lot of risk but they are saying it’s just as risky to stay in India. They don’t have health insurance here but DH wants to buy private insurance for them which is fine. If they come here do we ask them to quarantine in an airport for 14 days before they come home? What if they test positive? What if one of them tests positive? How can we ask them to stay in a hotel for 14 days and not go out/not visit them ? DH says he will bring his parents home from the airport and ask them to stay in their room in our house without coming out. I don’t think we can implement this. There is no way they will stay in 1 room for 14 days with us living right outside. Initially they will say we will stay 6 feet away and then they will move around the house and I can’t do anything about it. My son has asthma and has had pneumonia. I have pulled my kids out of all classes and we are completely socially distanced right now. I thought kids can go back to school in fall but if my ILs come I can’t send kids back to schooL as they could bring the infection home from school. I have no idea how I am going to homeschool them next year while working full time. And no DH will not help with the home schooling. He says his parents will help but there is no way they can homeschool the kids. My son’s syllabus is too advanced and my daughter doesn’t understand half of what they say to her. Should I teach my daughter to speak our mother tongue - sure. Will I do it now in the middle of this crisis - no! I am barely holding it together and adding the load of caring for ILs and not having kids go back to school next year will break me. But DH thinks I am overreacting !! I have no idea what to do. DH is not sharing any of their plans with me. It will be one of those things they decide and I will be informed afterwards. I have only had 1 or 2 conversations with DH about this. Once he knew I wasn’t going to immediately say ok he stopped telling me anything. if I put my foot down and say no to them coming here and if they later fall sick in India it will be my fault. My co -sis has already said they can’t come to her place and her DH backs her up. So it has to be my place because my DH can’t say no to his parents. I have no idea what to do!! Has anyone had to figure out parents’ trip during covid? I don’t even know how to broach the topic with DH because he says he is worried about how his parents will manage if they fall sick in India and I don’t disagree. I am worried about how I will manage if they fall sick here! Or if the kids fall sick! Part of me thinks I am being selfish and honestly if I wasn’t worried about the kids health I would have said it’s ok I will manage. I don’t understand why DH doesn’t see the risk to my son’s health . Help !!!!