Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GregoriaBoul, Aug 19, 2021.
What are the things that stresses you the most? I find that COVID has affected a lot of us mentally.
I am of the opinion that how best we can use our time, is very important in circumstances like this. Some were allowed to work from home/anywhere. Most were not that lucky and got jobless with little or no savings. A few of them were motivated to supply food delivered at home.
All in all, it was an experience.
Any thing we do or don't do out of compulsion leads to stress. When some one not vaccinated comes home uninvited is an issue of stress. Right from maids, isthriwallah to courier boys are stress bearers. Opening the door when it rings, with a face mask is not pleasant experience. How we get out of the stress is both a challenge and learning experience. A man[purposely avoiding the word gentle] avoids stress by a rule that his wife only will open the door when the bell rings. The same rule does not apply when he insists on his wife accompanying him to his closest friend s daughter's wedding. Once you 'are accustomed to delegating responsibilities ,it is easier to beat the stress.SLN
I have read in a research online that the prevalence of stress in 5 studies with a total sample size of 9074 is obtained as 29.6% (95% confidence limit: 24.3–35.4), the prevalence of anxiety in 17 studies with a sample size of 63,439 as 31.9% (95% confidence interval: 27.5–36.7), and the prevalence of depression in 14 studies with a sample size of 44,531 people as 33.7% (95% confidence interval: 27.5–40.6). This is such big numbers.
The most stressed out are the frontline COVID warriors like doctor, nurses and even cops. There have been instances of suicide by them .
Exactly! This is a lot worse for them, hopefully they are doing fine.
I really hope that this ends soon. This situation is worsening beyond control.
I presume this question is limited to only present pandemic times.
1) Any stuff delivered at door-steps
2) whenever the door bell rings
3) at expected hours door bell does not ring
4) any death message received via land phone
5) any odd time land phone rings
6) any gang standing opposite our home/vicinity
7) the blaring of Ambulance horn on the street audible near balcony
8) sight of ambulance at next door/ building
9) watching tv news announcing day to day spread death affectedstatistics
10) periodical announcements of lockdown
11) can’t attend local or outstations - funerals when near and dear expires - fear of risk high being senior citizen
12) can’t visit ATM for drawing cash to pay for transactions by cash
13) extra care and washing the milk pouches, fruits & vegetables I turmeric water et al
14) carry huge inventory of grains and groceries and their cleaning preservation storage
15) WFH - causes additionl work for (SAHM) cooking hours
16) absence of domestic maids and cooks - huge burden befall on family
17) pets care and their ready-made foods scarcity
18) no sunshine exposure - vitamin D deficiency
19) can’t make it to Gym
20) it is said Almighty is kind & save us. But am stressed for want of his kindness to humanity and forcing us to spend more for essentials
21) interest rates on my investments revised and reduced - am stressed
22) repairs to plumbing, some kitchen accessories pending for want of mechanics/ technicians. Aquaguard man came after seven weeks. For bottled water fortune spent . When they come for repair / delivery ... she & I are terribly worried. Ido not know whether they are vaccinated and the places they had visited before visiting my home. She & I wore mask.
You wrote only a couple of lines and here we are writing pages after pages as response. Reading these could be your stress. Writing these could be writer’s stress.
God Bless us All.