1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Covid-19 Vaccines - Updates And Questions

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Rihana, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I had a headache from hell yesterday. It was so severe, I needed two ibuprofens to calm it. It was like someone took a hammer to the back of my head.
    I also ran a fever of a 101, had severe leg cramps, fatigue - the works.
    I've also reacted to the MMR vaccine during the GC process similarly. I remember the fever and body ache and was kind of prepared for this. I didn't expect the headache. I tried to tide through it because I wanted the vaccine to do its job but it was unbearable. I'm glad I got the vaccine and not actual COVID. I would have been one of those people getting really sick from it.

2. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

@Laks09 was the headache from 2nd dose (of Pfizer or Moderna )
    How long did it last and how are you feeling now?

3. Laks09

Pfizer first dose. I was down for a week with something or the other. Second I didn’t feel a thing.

chanchitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I had taken my first dose of Pfizer vaccine on February 16th and second dose on March 9th and absolutely, there was no reaction at all. They opened a brand new facility in our county and was well managed by the county. The lines we had seen in other locations were non-existence in this location. We straight away proceeded to take the vaccine dose and they asked us to wait for 15 minutes post-vaccination.

My wife has not crossed the threshold of age that was required to get vaccinated. However, her doctor issued "most vulnerable certificate in the format suggested by Florida Health Department. We asked her to be vaccinated in Pinellas county but they refused stating that she could fix a time to come back again. Luckily, we heard about a FEMA facility located in another county nearby and decided to proceed directly to that facility. There were hundreds of FEMA Volunteers in uniform and nicely coordinated the line and within 15 minutes we were able to reach the table where the "most vulnerable" were vaccinated. She had no reaction either and had to take the second on March 30th.

We are planning to go to India in May 2021 and hence we wanted to make sure my MIL, myself, and my wife are all vaccinated before the trip. My physician told us that 15 days after the second dose, it is safer to travel.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Laks09

6. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Has anyone here or known to you taken J& J vaccine? If so, please share your experiences.

7. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Got pfizer 1 and 2 doses. Second dose gave me very bad back pain and headache. It started nearly 16 hours after second dose. But it lasts only for 1 day.

chanchitra and gknew like this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

In Hyderabad they opened many vaccination centres. Both in Govt. Hospitals, primary health care centres and private hospitals. Those who are techy savvy can book online and get vaccinated....generally one gets appointment in or two at the most. Those who are not techy savy...they can take Adhar card or there are ten options...in which there is photo and age is enough. Walk in centres many. Because many are illiterates this is convenient. They give tokens and when called can go and take the vaccine. Wait for half an hour and go home. Generally turn comes within an hour. Chairs apart maintaining distance. Govt. Centres free and private centres they charge Rs.150. No crowd anywhere. Many of my senior relatives and friends got vaccinated. Discomfort and pain for one day. Then they are fine.
    Syamala

Thyagarajan and FreshDewdrops like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:But then you stand not vaccinated yet!
    God Bless us all.

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

India sent serum institute vaccine to anti India countries Pakistan & Canada.

chanchitra likes this.