Couverture or compound chocolate in chocolate business

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by Swatip, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Swatip

Swatip New IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning to start a home made chocolate business. It is still in the initial stages. I mean, I have done a course in chocolate making . Loved it , and got appreciation from family , so thought why not ? That's it . Now need guidance to go ahead.

My main concern is when we sell chocolate, should it be made from couverture chocolate or compound chocolate ?

When I learnt the course, we were taught in compound , but I have heard when you are selling, it should be in couverture. Please guide me .

Do we have to take license to start a home made chocolate business?

Any suggestions on where couverture chocolate slabs are found in Bangalore ?

I would really appreciate if some one , who is experienced , in chocolate business ,could help me .

I would be really grateful.

2. madpri83

madpri83 Bronze IL'ite

i also need the details..

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

couvetures are too expensive and hence the pricing goes up...but making from good quality compound gives good results too. The most important thing is to maintain the quality.

4. sweetyam

sweetyam Silver IL'ite

Hey Swatip,
    I agree with Roopa,Couvetur is very expensive.If you want to start you can start with compound of different companies like Morde, Selbourne is also good if you make these for your friends.Couveture u only use when you get the expensive order when somebody need the classic chocolates then go for this.Coz its always increase the pricing for your chocolates and everybody cant buy it.So i suggest make the chocolates with Morde or other brand compound.
    Yamini