1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Costly

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 31, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I have already posted a snippet today but I wanted to share this experience.

The other day I was so surprised when my husband told me that he is going to get earing aid. We had been telling him but he did not listen. Then I think his friend recommended a place so he went with him. He gave order and today we went to collect it.

When we came out I saw a hotel and wanted to have something. After going in only came to know its a posh hotel. I have never gone with my husband to posh hotels. Actually he is not interested in eating out. So asked him whether we will have something. He said ok... Noone was inside and the young bearer s there must have thought how this old people have come here. I asked the bearer what is there, he said you tell e what you want. I said one masala dosa and one vada because in the stand there was written Idli, dosa, vada etc. He came inside and said masala dosa is not there and said pav baji is there. So asked for one plate of Pav baji. You know how much the bill came to , it came to Rs. 225/- for people who go to posh hotels nosurprise for them. Me and my husband have not gone aone , have gone only with chidlren to posh hotel.s. Also when I was working have gone with friends. I dont know the name of the hotel too because we went from inside. Dont laugh after reading this

sindmani, kaniths, Rihana and 5 others like this.

2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji ......why will we laugh viji maa.....whatever you mentioned in your post is a reality, I agree with you, forget about the taste but the prices are very high in posh hotels compared to normal ones.....may be they are charging us for the ambiance also :).......but my experience - I never liked the taste of the food in 5 star hotels....given a chance I love to have the snacks at chowpati & the panipuri at road side gaadi wala......in my recent trip to India, I purposefully went to a road side pani puri wala and enjoyed my pani puri.....it's a different mazaa, nothing can beat this, even the food & ambiance at star hotels also nothing infront of this real mazaa.....:)

sindmani and Justanotherwife like this.
  3. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji ma So true. The expensive price is one main reason why I always say I will prepare at home whatever kids or MIL want even if I don't know the recipe. I will find it in IL or anywhere on the internet and do it I will say. Why pay so much when we can have the same at home comfortably. May not be possible always but whenever possible I insist to cook at home. So nice of you to share this experience with all of us :thumbup:
    @kcb You nailed it. Couldn't have said it better :thumbsup: If I knew I too would go with you to the road side pani puri wala :p

kcb likes this.
  4. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

You are not alone, I hardly go to hotels to eat. Found no reason to do unless when I visit India and go about to visit temples etc. Sometimes for sake of friends I go with them.

Expensive hotels are too costly to common person, they cater to different people, but no harm in entertaining once in for a while. You did it and it doesn't matter in which Hotel you had, it is enough that you had a good time and that's it. No one can spend such amount every day in such hotels, it is a treat we just have on and off.

BTW healthy dish we cook at home cannot be compared to the ones at hotels. Moreover the homely flavour and a person's different taste as well as family members taste which is taken into account at home cooking cannot be brought at hotels. I prefer home food at any time.

Take care,
    Vaidehi

kcb and Justanotherwife like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

you are just too cute!!! why will we laugh! there is lot of innocence in this snippet.in this day and age,where there is no humility and innocence,people like you are needed to make us all feel better.we adore you vijima

kcb likes this.
  6. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji ji .....So sweet... you remind me of my aunt, who said the same.

7. stilldeshi

stilldeshi Senior IL'ite

Amma, enjoyed reading your this post. Felt like my mum is telling her experience. Such posh places are waste of money. Everything is costly and on top of that no gaurentee that food is fresh. Sad part of life today.