Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur/Malaysia

Discussion in 'New to KL' started by t_sireesha04, Sep 22, 2008.

1. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Re: Cost Of Living in KL

Forgot to add the cost of housemaid....

Phillipina maids cost u around 1300 to 1400 myr for full day which is like 9 to 5 n 1 hr lunch break....where they go in the maid room n relax after lunch ....

Indonesian cost u around 1100 to 1200 for the same but are much better in terms of neatness n also help in cooking they are eager learners...

Indian maids/ Combodian maids no idea as of now but have heard salary for them is also the same...

These are rates for part time work meaning they do not live in....i f u pay for their visa i think the salary is much less then no clue how less...

With huge houses n if u have kids it is advisable to have help so as not to exhaust urself by the time it is night....as saving on this cost can eventually make u pay a lot to doctors in old age ....personally i think instead of spending ridiculous amount on eating out we shud hire maids that way the chopping n all is taken care of then cooking is just a matter of minutes...

Hourly rates for any nationality maid is 15 myr /hour so if u do not have kids n do not need daily cleaning or if both r working then u can call them once a week for 3 - 4 hours n get ur house cleaned for an extra hour u can even get chopping done n store in ur refgrigetaor for the week:thumbsup

This factor should also be considered while moving in KL

Sonu

2. science

science New IL'ite

Re: cost of living

Hello,

Can you please tell me about cost of living in Kualalumpur.

Apartment rent, food, transportation and other expenses, utilities like electricyt, phone, internet, etc.
    We are a couple from India.
    Would you recommend to settle down in Malaysia, say in comparison to India?
    Thank you in advance
    Science

3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello science,

Welcome to IL as well as malaysia if you are planning to come:)

Please read the above posts in this thread, then I think most of your questions will be answered. If you got any doubts, then we will be here to help you.

Post your queries and decisions on moving to KL.

For choosing between KL and India, it depends on various factors like job, house, family, children, society, financial matters, immigration and lots more.

4. Dibu

Dibu Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Am planning to move to KL by mid feb with my baby. My hus is already thr. I will be staying thr only for 6m. Since im with a baby i feel maid is a neccesity.

I read parasmanic post that maids are avilable on hrly basis. Could anyone tell more about it like how can i find thm and which is the best.

Regards
    Divya

5. preethiitech

hi dibu,

welcome to malaysia, its nice you are coming here for 6 months.

Please provide more details like where you are going to stay in malaysia, and what type of work you expect the maid to do?

Also, check if this link is useful to clear your doubts.Click here

6. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Divya,

Hourly rates mostly for an indonesian is 10 myr/hr n for a phillipino is 15 myr/hr.....it is better to negotiate a thrice a week thing or much better still is monthly....for a monthly job u get for around 800 myr/4 hrs daily, turns up more economical....

Welcome to KL, how ols is ur baby?

Sonu

7. preethiitech

hi sonu,

where do you get such low rates for the maids? 10/hr. Do you have the contact number, please Pm to me

8. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

hey preethi,

any indonesian will work for 10 per hour only philipino maids charge 15 per hour....atleast in my area, the sad part is they need travel to ur place which will be a lot more for u, try finding thru ur guards/security ppl they will give a lot of info to u :)

Sonu

9. preethiitech

Thats is a real very cheap rate, I wish I could find some one in my area too:hide:

Just moved in and do all the work, sweeping, mobbing, I am hell tired..

I contacted many cleaning services and they are all busy and fully booked till the end of january:bonk They like to come only after February:rant

So, now doing everything myself, badly in need of help. So, I thought may be I can get some contacts from you..:idea

10. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hey Preethi

I know what u r going thru preethi it is tedious to do all chores by ourself, i wish i could be of help.....will chk with a few nonetheless..

Sonu