1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

corporate party-what to dress?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rithi, Jan 9, 2010.

1. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Even after working in a corporate sector for couple of years and having been living in North America for quite a while I haven't picked up the corporate culture. I try to avoid the parties as much as possible. But there is one coming this month which seem to be unavoidable. So now I'm here to ask you suggestion, what to dress for a corporate -dinner-party which will last from 6:00p.m to midnight.

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Rithi, for these kind of events, both formal evening wear (cocktail gowns and the like) and business-ish evening wear (dressy pantsuits/two-piece suits etc) would be acceptable.

3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

if you are taking you DH , then he must wear suit I believe.

You can wear a Dress (gown) or a nice trousers with Shirt & blazer or a pant suit (which u wore for interviews ) .

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  4. aurorap

aurorap New IL'ite

Hi,

If it is a formal party, then you are better off wearing a cocktail gown. You can check out some gowns in Macy's. That's where I got mine for my company's party. The men usually wear Tuxedos/formal suits. Don't forget the footwear :). Have fun!

5. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

Thank you for all your response. I'll definitely check Macy's and other stores for gowns. I still have my interview suit, which could be a back-up. Have you seen anyone wearing traditional wears? scotish, chinese, indian etc., My DH says he will wear a suit if he comes.

6. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

I usually wear black pant and some formal shirt or tops with a sweater if it is winter, or u can also wear black dressand black stockings/leggings.