1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Copycats..

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sweetestshweta, Dec 19, 2012.

1. sweetestshweta

sweetestshweta Gold IL'ite

Thanks ladies..
    I feel like I am not alone..
    @Anjana..She is 9-10 years older than me..Worse part is-she'll want dresses,jewellery and lifestyle like me and her kids want other products-perfumes,shoes etc like me..

I would not have bothered much if she went to market and bought something like me..The biggest problem is-they want us to buy..And it extends from watches to gold jewellery to other costly stuff:drowning..

I really feel so angry sometimes..There are people who will not move their fingers to do a single thing and expect others to do everything for them..
    Apart from SIL's monthly expenditure,buying gifts for her and her kids,giving her money whenever she visits us or we visit her,taking her to shopping,paying her bills,sending them for holidays,hearing them constantly crib about their condition and constantly being afraid of their next demands..Over and above all this-such demands of buying the same things actually turns me mad:hide:..

Thanks a lot ladies for hearing me out..

2. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Op, do you or your dh pay for all this? Seriously? You both pay for her jewellery and holidays??? I don't get this....why can't you say no? What's your husband's stand on this?

3. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

My mil -sil are the same. To be honest I live like a pauper. That is my lifesytle...by choice. But, rarely, very rarely I get something nice. Like 2yrs ago, dh bought me a diamond solitaire mil and sil were green with envy. We didn't tell them explicitly, but they saw when we visited India. Can you believe it, that very week, mil bought earrings and a locket with tiny diamonds. They made it a point to show it to me. Trust me, I didn't show off. I really didn't. They were still very unhappy - perhaps because the diamond that I was wearing costs over a lakh in India. I got it for a fraction of that price in Belgium (antwerp)!!

4. sweetestshweta

sweetestshweta Gold IL'ite

Hi Tulipzz..
    Actually she lost her DH a few years back and hence she is totally dependent on us.My DH although loves me a lot but still,like all other males,gives in to all their demands(just or unjust).. He only seems to realise that their extravagant demands are too much when I oppose else he doesn't think that they are ever wrong..And even if he realizes or knows,he doesn't do a bit about it..

His usual line-"after all who else will they look up to/ if they feel good by spending a bit,shouldn't we give them a little happiness/I haven't done anything for them" etc etc..

5. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

OMG my mil did exactly the same. Within 10mins she took off with my FIL to buy earrings and went to my mums place showed it them and had the audacity to tell my parents" am no less than my dil" . I wanted to scream " it's no competition lady, I don't really care if you are great or greatest than me" :rant
    I don't have a sil. Yayyyy for that. But my MIL hahaha she beats all the SILs single handed any time.
    She bought a saree worth 35,000 saree it was like a bridal saree all red with zardosi work and everything for MY wedding and gifted me a 8000 saree for my wedding for me to wear ( not that I put it on)
    And the reason she gave my DH was " it's my sons wedding so everybody will be here to see the grooms mom and not the bride" .

I just don't get it.:bonk

6. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

:rotflsome women!

1 person likes this.
  7. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

I dont get it either - This one takes the cake though :-D

8. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

ha ha ha.. joke of the day :biglaugh

9. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

she has lost important person in her life and it is parents/siblings duty to take care of her.. her husband did not leave her any money or some insurance ?.. if yes, you guys have more responsibility .. like you, she is also important person in ur husband's life..

but at the same time, watch out for expenses and you dont need to satisfy extravagant demands.. basic things like kids education can be taken care if she does not have proper source of income..

10. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Some women are like that. They can't think on their own and copy other women. My sil and mil are not copycats but I know other women who are and I find it extremely irritating.