Coorg...Must Take,Must Buy,Must See...Please

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by brahan, Mar 22, 2012.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Atlast am going on a vacation and am super duper excited abt it. The Place is Coorg and i would like to know few information on Coorg.

a. I have my 3.5 old DS with me...What are all the essentail items i must take(One of my friend advised that there would be leeches..so better i carry some Salt). is there something else you guys can add upon???

b. Is there something i should n't miss buying there???

c. What are the MUST see places in Coorg???

TIA!!!

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

Coorg is really nice place for tourism. As you are going with your son carry all the medicines required for general problems like cold,cough, fever, there are few ointments for bug bite like flutibact, some electral powder like rebalanz for kids. I have never been there but i have heard this is really small place and very cold too, current conditions i dont know. But carry warm clothes for your son in case you find it very cold. we can manage for few hours but sometimes kids need warm clothes urgently.. some sweater or jacket will be ok.. Carry few thing thinking about rain. Wish you enjoy your trip.
    tc,
    Padma

3. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

I am also planning for 2nights, 3 days trip to coorg in april. Please suggest me some good home stay and what all places are must visit. What is must buy from coorg :)

4. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Must Buys are Coffee Powder and Honey.They are really Good. I am not sure abt Home Stays but we stayed in a resort named "Wind Flower".
    Must See Places are Dubarey Elephant Camp and Abbey falls

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thank you padma for the tips...However the Climate was hot and humid on day One and Normal on the second Day. So there was absolutely no use of the Warmn Clothes :):rotfl

6. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

coorg is famous for its spices esp Coffee,vanilla, pepper plantations; these are reasonably cheaper too;
    one of my friends but all these; filter coffee powder, normal coffee powder, black pepper, vanilla pods, honey.
    they stayed in a coffee estate which had a home stay option.

7. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Oh ...Yeah...Spices are good there

8. reshgb

reshgb New IL'ite

Check out www.iyris.in its a homestay and the people running it are amazingly hospitable. From there you can visit Nisargadhama, Golden temple, Tibetian colony, Dubare, Madikeri.

1 person likes this.