Cooking with the Guru - A delicatessen's experience!

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by archana.kc, Jul 7, 2009.

1. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

After days of thinking, here I am to say something to my dear IL’ites. This post and many more to come in this thread are on my cooking stints, experiences,lessons, thoughts with CV.

It is long due, and I dedicate this to my guru, who is none other than Chitvish. Reiterating the thought that IL does go beyond usernames and internet friendships was my bonding with CV. Much has been told and spoken about this young lady, but as we all know sometimes, wonders never cease to amaze us, and one such person is Chitvish. Every time I met her, I learnt beyond than what can be taught. I say these words with utmost gratitude and immense fondness. Before I go on – I pray and thank the Almighty for making this happen, because I never knew it could change my life so wonderfully.

I met Chitvish first at her home on the 18<SUP>th</SUP> of April. Looking back, it does not seem to be a journey of just 4 months! I want to share all that I have to say, about my journey in Chitvish’s kitchens and more. So without much ado, here it is.

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:date Month="4" Day="18" Year="2009">18<SUP>th</SUP> April 2009</st1:date>

Menu for the Day: Chocolates

We wanted to do a SBS for chocolate making, and that is what we met for. I reached her place by 5.30 and immediately invaded the kitchen. There she had, neatly kept all materials necessary for it – Right from the chocolates, the saucepan, the ladles , the chopping sheets ( you will get to know more of it soon! ) and of course, the camera!

Two hours just flew by when we started making chocolates. It was astounding to hear her say – “You do it your way, and I want to learn it from you”. Here I am a 22 year old, who has barely cooked 3 full meals in her life trying to do chocolates in an expert’s kitchen. Not an everyday situation at all.

We made chocolates with various fillings – Nuts, Ice cream, Biscuits. Just as we were done for the day and I was about to leave – she gave me a small packet of packed goodies. I don’t know, but from that visit, every visit to her place has left me with goodies. That day I carried some thattais, chirotis and of course chocolates.

After that day, all that I am doing to people I see is talk about her, and how wonderful that day was in her kitchen. Never did I know that I will again get to work in the kitchen, or take classes from her!

I guess most of you would have seen the SBS on chocolates by now. For those who may have missed it, please do visit it here

Home-made Chocolates - 1
    Home-made Chocolates - 2
    Home-made Chocolates - 3

I plan to write every week (mostly on the weekend) about my experiences and the learning that happened at Chitvish’s place. This is the first post – and I want to thank all those who have been instrumental in making this happen. My list extends to all IL’ites who have been regulars at the FB’s thread, all visitors to “Ask Chitvish” for being there to read this post, IL’ites who often post her recipes at VF and have inspired me into cooking, the IL’ites who I met during the Chennai meet( It was only during that conversation I realized that most did not know I was visiting Chitvish often), Chitvish’s family members for bearing with the “pesty mami” who comes all the way to steal their Sundays, My family for being the sweetest ever when I missed all Sunday lunches, and my friends at work place who are the best ever critics and most supportive network around and most importantly to Chitvish and Induslady for making this possible. I dedicate this post and the posts to come to the entire forum of wonderful woman out there, who are striving hard to make every meal for their family an enriching experience. Thank you all.

Lots of Love

Arch

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Archu,

Wow, so you are going to treat us every weekend with your write up. Saw your SBS. should meet you, the chocolate girl sometime...:cheers

It is always a pleasure to meet chithmam. though i am not a regular contributor in her forum, i never miss out reading all the feedbacks and new recipes..

She is an inspiration to many, infact, i followed her to IL, like many others..do keep writing....

3. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Archana,

it s very good to read about your meets with chitvish mam.

truly she is a person who makes a difference .every minute you spend with her you cherish it for the whole life.lucky you ..

waiting for your next post...

Cheers
    raji

4. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

HI,

U have expressed it wonderfully. I too had wonderful experience meeting her but could not express it rightfully in words......

seeing your post members who have not met her would be tempted to meet her and chitvish mam henceforth like alloting computer time for herself to answer our queries will also start alloting time slot for us to meet her :):)

We should thank IL for having given us a platform to know chitvish.

love
    Sundari bhaskar

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

very well written Archu and what a brilliant idea. Most of us ILites give Chithramma only flying visits but to hear from you, who has worked in the kitchen with the queen herself, is an immense pleasure for all of us.

Latha

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Archana

Luck Girl! How fortunate you are to meet her often. Trust me you will not only learn cooking but lots of wisdon from Our Queen.

Envy you:rant

7. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hey Archana,

Wonderful start.. You should be really lucky for being able to spend time with her often... I love to do it now....

I can strongly assure that the interest that i have now in cooking is just becoz of Chitvish. Though I like my Mom's food, she is the not the one who has inspired me in cooking... and i saw this to my mom itself...

Most of the days I thank Chitvish just by thinking, what would I have been if I have not met her or seen her recipes being married to a person who wants me to be very perfect in cooking... As J himself is a good cook even my amma scares sometimes to cook for him... In that case, what would i have done if i have not come into IL or not met Chitvish... No wonder she being a role model for most of them here....

Waiting to read more from you dear...

Love,
    Vidyaa

8. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Arch,
    It will be a joy to read and know the what and how of Chithu's passion!
    Iam sure you will have many regulars here, your experience is sure to make many of us sit up after having gotten to know one more facet of our dear Chithu!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  9. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Dear Archana,
    Very well written. Chitrama is truly an inspiration to all of us here in IL. Lucky you that you can meet her so often and work together with her in her kitchen itself. Im yet to meet her.
    Looking forward to hear more from you.
    Cheers,
    Premsudha

10. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Choclate girly...
    Wow great , as others mentioned you must be lucky one to meet her often... certain things cant be explained in words we can only feel ...she is a personality like that....keep writing...