1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

cooking stove

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by minip, Dec 10, 2007.

1. minip

minip New IL'ite

hi everyone,

my heater stove dripping pan is having grease which is not going by ordinary cleaning. do anyone know how to clean it because while cooking food particles fall and burn and it is an everyday process.

please help

minip

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

hello
    you can get a disposable aluminium foil tray drip trays in all stores. Hope this helps.

3. minip

minip New IL'ite

hi,
    thank you for replying soon

i tried that but still some parts are getting dirt maybe i am keeping wrong way

mini

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

I have Gas so have never had that situation except when we were in an apartment. Maybe you can cover extra well with fol. also try using oven cleaners, soft scrubs, spray and leave it on for sometime and then wipe off. Also there are cooktop cleaners available. all said this is a daily chore. so keep trying out products.

5. theamma

theamma Bronze IL'ite

Hello,
    You can get aluminum foil pieces now. You can get them for a buck in Walmart. You can use that under each . If you can't find it, take the aluminum foil and tear them to the size of the stove, cutting holes wherever needed. When it gets greasy throw it out and use new foil. Hope this helps. I even used to do this for the electric range.

6. mridhubhashini

mridhubhashini New IL'ite

hi!

I am very particular that my stove is spotless. I found some methods to keep it clean thru experiments !!

For the coil stove: We had this in our previous apartment, I used to remove the burner (I used to do this in the end of the day) soak it hotwater and scrub it. Then let it dry over night so its good to use in the morning!

For the gas stove I remove the stand and i soak that in hot water with some soap and baking soda for a few hrs then clean with soap and scotch brite

for the surface below the coil/ stand I use the kitchen cleaner spray and scotch brite.
    - mridhu

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You should not have this problem daily. You should perhaps try using a larger pan than you are using so that you don't have boil overs and your pan should be just slightly larger in diameter than the electric burner...you should not be seeing the electric coil when the pan is on it. I hope these tips can help you.