1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

cooking spray,good for health?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by rya, Jan 7, 2008.

1. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi all !
    i also use pam but one of my friend told me that it contains silicone etc etc... but i use PAM only for idli plates not for cooking... and mazola pure spray is better than PAM ... what ever it is ultimately its a spray which i sense is not ok for health.. check this out
    Mazola -
    if any body used this pure.. please suggest if its worth changing to that product..

2. rekhas

rekhas Senior IL'ite

Hello anandchithra, pmahensa,

I have held back on using the spray like Pam, Crisco and others. I am interested buying one that we can fill the oil. How do these sprays bottles work? Are they good. Do you essentially end up sing less oil on dosas, chapathis, and idlis? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks,

Rekha

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Yep the Misto Spray bottle available at Bed Bath and Beyond is really good. You fill the bottle with oil of your choice and then pump the top. It sprays the oil just like the PAM spray. For the next use, you pump the bottle again.

It costs 10 bucks and is a good buy. Lasts a good 2-3 years. I've bought several and gifted to relatives in India and they have loved it too. I use it to make parathas, dosas etc.

Bed Bath & Beyond Product

1 person likes this.