Cooking plan

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by srilu, Oct 18, 2007.

1. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

It is very tough for me to prepare daily break fast,lunch and dinner with going to the office,
    And it makes me very bad by selecting what are the healthy items i should prepare,
    Basically i am form south india,
    Could all post me your weekly cooking plan:)
    Please help me in this

Thanks

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Always get the basics ready if u have a refrigerator:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->1)<!--[endif]-->cut all the veg once a week and pack it into a airtight container.
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->2)<!--[endif]-->Get the masalas ready like the ginger and garlic paste if ground with a lot of oil will not go dark and stay fresh for a week.
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->3)<!--[endif]-->Tomato puree or rasam paste that is making a paste of all your ingredient that u put together for rasam and save it as paste to just put it in hot water and it would be ready.
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->4)<!--[endif]-->U can keep the scraped coconut in an airtight box for a week.
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->5)<!--[endif]-->Even the coconut paste done with fried dhania, methi, chanadhall and redchillies can be ground for a week, kept in airtight box, for sambhar.
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->6)<!--[endif]-->Boil tuvardhall along with turmeric and hing and store inside the airtight box and that will also go for 3days.
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->7)<!--[endif]-->Make some koottu paste also in the same manner and don’t mix with your hand as much as possible use spoon to store in airtight and use it for a week keep changing masala every week. regards sunkan

3. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

Hi all
    I also need some good breakfast ideas as my husband likes variety in breakfasts
    Lunch and dinner are regular. but its good to start a day with something new and nice.

pls suggest the receipes also and it should be easy and less time consuming.
    Thanks in Advance
    Jaishree8)

4. pia123

pia123 New IL'ite

sunkanji
    wonderful and useful tips, thanks. Could you please share your kootu masala recipe with us please.
    thanks
    pia

5. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Hi Sunkan,
    Thanks for giving these,
    I got all the ready made pastes only,
    I just need the week plan like morning dosa or idli after noon some sambar evening for dinner like another curry.
    some thingh like the chart of the week

Thanks

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Hi Srilu,

Home pastes are better tasting and healthy. No preservatives.

You need not spend time peeling small onions and garlic. They are available peeled in the Food world and Spencers daily shops. Even peeled and scraped ginger you get there. Bring them home , grind it with a little salt, put in the fridge.It won't go bad. I do like that.
    Small onions can be fried and ground with red chilli powder and salt make a chutney for Idlis / Dosas. You can add tomatoes / tamarind to that to change the taste a bit.

Coconut grated can be microwaved for a minute and kept in thefridge.That rancid smell will not come. Coconut milk you can take and freeze it or if it is for a day or two keep it in the first shelf of the refrigerator, near the chill tray. They will stay fresh.

Love
    Latha :wave

7. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Hi Lath,
    Thanks for giving this to me,
    You are mistaken me,
    I need what curries and what break fasts and what dinners (like on monday idli,rice,chapathi)like this the week plan.
    like on
    monday-------------Break fast------Lunch Dinner
    Tuesday---------------------

like this:)

8. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Nice topic, let me share my weekly food chart here.

Monday -
    Breakfast : Idly with chutney
    Lunch : Rice,Sambhar (Radhish, Drumstick, any veg) & Beans or Ladies finger stir fry

"Dinner : Mostly our dinner would be wheat chapthy with left over curries or Raagi Iddiyappam and some raw veg as salads." This is common on all the days

Tuesday :
    Breakfast: Dosa with Chutney
    Lunch : Rice, Rasam, Paruppu, Yam or potato fry
    Dinner ; As usual

Wednesday :
    Breakfast: Pongal with Sambhar
    Lunch : Rice, Any Lentil curry (like chick pea, black eye beans, kidney beans, butter beans), Spinach stir fry.

Thursday :
    Breakfast : Upma
    Lunch : Rice, Egg or mushroom curry, cauliflower or cabbage stir fry

Friday :
    Breakfast : Poori with Potato masala
    Lunch : Rice, Vathal kulambu (tamarind based curry with dry vathals), Beetroot or carroot stirfry

Weekend could be anything as you like, coz you have your time. Mostly, we have chicken, fish and I go for variety rice like puloa, briyani, Tomato rice......

P.S -
    1) To do all this, you've got to keep the things ready on table when you start cooking. I mean if you can cut the veg's on a weekly basis and store them it's well & good. If not atleast on the previous day night. Turst me, it takes lot of time for cutting (atleast for me)

2) All the above food plan is purley south Indian and I don't think it's purley healthy as well. coz of the amount of oil (esp for poori), pototo, rice we intake everyday. But what to do, we are so used to this type of traditional eatings. :-D And to be frank, Iam kind of lazy to try out new cuisines & recipes. Being a working mother, weekends are the days we've got to catch up with our cleaning, laundry, weekly grocery shopping, personal care................ and the list never ends.

Hope this helps and please share your feedbacks.:wave

9. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,

This is my weekly food chart

Monday :
    BF: Bread,butter,jam
    Lunch : Wheat Chapati,Potato curry,Curd rice
    Dinner:Ven Pongal,Onion Sambar with roasted pea nuts

Tuesday:
    BF:Cornflakes with Milk
    Lunch:
    If veg : brinjal,drumstick gravy(kolumbu),carrot poriyal,rasam,curd
    If NV : with this Egg omlette
    Dinner : Idly with tomato kolumbu

Wednesday
    BF: Waffles or Bread
    Lunch : Veg: Puliyogare,Black-eyed bean stir fry
    Non-veg : Chicken Biryani,kurma,boiled egg
    Dinner : Rice,Bitter-gourd sambar,Cauliflower curry,rasam

Thursday

BF : Any one of the above BF
    Lunch

Veg : Garlic puli kolumbu,Chana dal stir fry
    NV: ABove kolumbu with egg poriyal

Friday

Lunch : NV :Chicken gravy with chicken fry

Veg : Vegetable fried rice with paneer masala

Dinner : Chapati and chana masala or Lemon rice and sambar

I have omitted curd,rasam.I vary the vegetables too.
    I dont how far these menu is feasible for a working woman like u.If u need any recipes for the above pls tell.

10. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Hi Abhi and supriya,

Thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:kiss
    More are welcome:redface: