1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Convincing Husband To Be Stay At Home Mom..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by padmapavan46, Mar 3, 2020.

1. padmapavan46

padmapavan46 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I used to work in IT company till 2011 , and had to resign the job as i had a baby and my mom's health was not fine....At that time my husband was very supportive..but he always keeps saying that i have the talent and have to work..but didn't compel me..
    And after 10 yrs i am mom of 2 kids..staying in USA..here in usa we dont have household help so i have to do all the chores all by myself.I take care of my kids and their studies are my responsibility too..and my husband knows that. 2 yrs back i got work permit in usa..since then he stated again saying that i have talent and need to work..its not about mny for him...and as per his suggestion i tried for 1.5 yrs but due to huge gap in work ,i couldn't be successful...that kind of makes me feel sad..whenever he speaks abt any jobs..i just lost my confidence...
    still i made up my mind that i will be a stay at home mom and take care of kids and husband..and do some small part time jobs...but he doesnt want me to work for low wage or part time jobs...so since then i decided i will be stay at home mom....but i cant be courageous enough to discuss abt this with my husband...i know he would say its upto u...but i know he wont be happy for what i have decided...i want to convince him at the same time and doesn't want to hurt him...

2. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

If you look at the expenses for daycare for 2 kids, cleaning crew expenses as you will be tired to clean whole house, commuting costs, eating out due to tiredness etc it not a big saving for you guys. with this much gap its hard to get well paying jobs.

Make him understand that. He should have motivated you and filed H1 long time ago, now the workforce is probably much advanced than what you saw -new technologies, new methodologies, new tools etc. Its great he encouraging you but part time or low paying non-IT jobs will make it easy for you to enter into workforce.

shravs3 and Vaikuntha like this.