1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Convertor for indian wet grinder in us

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by dblakshmi, Jan 8, 2010.

1. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

i hv Indian wet grinder 220v, i also bought a step up/down transformer to use the samein US. now i find the indian plug does nt fit in to the transformer. should i buy an adaptor?
    i posted this in forum but i did not get to see at all on the home page on today's posts. hence doing it again. pls. excuse.
    lakshmi

2. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Hi dblakshmi,
    I don't think you need an adapter.. Well, Am not 100% sure about it... You just need a flat pin converter. I guess you can find it in Radioshack or Best Buy or any other electronic store. It is like the 3 pin plug we get in india!

3. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

thanks cutepavi.
    my dh is going to radioshack this evening to get that. thanks for the immediate response.
    regards
    Lakshmi

4. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

FRy's is the right place for you. They have multi country adapters which can be used in multi countries. Take your wet grinder along with you, take help from the sales guy there and am sure you will find the right adapter. If you feel, the problem is only with the Indian plug not fitting in, then may be you got thee wrong transformer.So my suggestion is, do carry your grinder there , buy the right one and you can check it there to see if it works fine.