1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conversation - Before marriage vs After marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by gurpreetsingh, Feb 5, 2014.

1. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

Before marriage myself and husband used to talk for hours. I dont remember what we talked. All I remember is it was full of fun and we both never liked to stop the conversation and cut the call . After we cut the call also, me or him will call and say ' hey , let us talk for 5 more minutes'. The same went on for 5 years

After marriage , we still talk .. but not able to talk for hours together like we used to do.. We talk about politics, office work now. And top of this , we talk mostly about problems like not getting proper maid , problems between me and his mom etc . We talk about relatives too as they dont keep their mouth shut and try to involve in some or other personal.

Any of you faced this. Any steps to manage this. Now a days I try to avoid topics about relatives. But it seems they are manupulating him and if I dont correct it , my relationship with husband might spoil .

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

It happens to almost everyone Gurpreet. Just wait till you have the baby. Then you both will be talking about how many times the baby did potty...how many times the baby smiled so on and so forth.:)

7 people like this.
  3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes I think this is normal too.

Yellowmango is absolutely right .. Never have I imagined potty would be such an important topic of discussion

5 people like this.
  4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Story of my life, and many others I would assume!

5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Oy! You have a secret webcam installed in my house.. Where? On my biscuit tin??? Shortly after DD was born, DH had to go away on an overnight trip. He was in meetings till late evening, calls me only late in the night. First questions - "is the baby ok? Has she had a dirty nappy today?" Such is life. Sigh!

2 people like this.
  6. Ishika84

Ishika84 Silver IL'ite

Itz very common...BCz now we are more busy..sometime DH call me and I am busy with work..sometime I call him and same he is busy....
    don't take it seriously