Control “F”!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CharuKaur, Dec 14, 2007.

1. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

I was so happy to install the new electric bell in my apartment all by myself. I had bought the equipment, studied the 50 odd pages of the instruction manual and got it working . Aah! It was such an accomplishment and I was glued to the window, waiting for my husband to come back home, ring the bell and applaud my labor! :cool:

There he was, about to ring the bell - the inner me was getting happier and happier.
    Trrringggg.........:eek:mg:what was that – the bell did ring but it just didn’t stop ringing. I ran to the door, let my husband in, but the bell had to be put off before its nuisance could annoy every other neighbor of mine. Gosh! I remembered reading about this fault in the manual, but just couldn’t remember where/on which page it was! It seemed the ringing sound of the bell was piercing thru my ears, eyes and entire body & the increasing pressure was making me just flip through the manual’s pages unable to locate the solution to my problem. Luckily, I also had a soft copy of the manual on my computer and with Ctrl-F, I reached my page number and fixed the problem! Instead of appreciating myself for brilliantly fixing the problem in under 5 minutes, I came to thank the person who first brought this feature into practice and made our lives so much easier.

Be it data on a webpage, or locating a particular section in a humungous document, Ctrl-F always comes to the rescue. And with people like me, working in the software industry, its usage is needless to be elaborated!

And it propels me to ask for a Ctrl-F outside the software shell too. Just imagine the precious time we spend every morning looking for our car keys.
    Or, when the remote control all of a sudden vanishes into the cracks of the sofa and we just keep looking for it everywhere else.
    Or, when we find only one sock out of the pair put for laundry.
    Or, when we safe-keep things secretively, and then forget where we kept them!!!! :shaking:

How much I wish there were a Ctrl-F to help me out with everything.
    :idea

2. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear CharuKaur ma'am,

A well knit thread. I do second your thoughts on the Ctrl+F phenomenon. Our "master computer" (brain) proves to penetrate manifold times deep into the plethora of discoveries and correlated actions. This strike is more or less similar to that of the "Time machine" concept. Isn't it so?

But the same master computer takes time to boot itself when submerged in diverse circumstances shivering to come out with an appropriate decision. Thus is the master piece creation!

Just wanted to throw light on how our mind works at different situations in relation with what you have show cased in your thread.

Regards

3. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Dear C,

The best boon that god can give us women folk is ctrl C and ctrl V, when we have to be at two place at the same time .............;-)

work wise it is boon/bane to the tech writersshakehead

4. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Dear RamyaVaradharajan
    i believe, brain cells is one of the most peculiar creations. all this simply makes me wonder what were God thinking while sculpting all this :bowdown

Thnks for writing in and please drop the 'mam' part while addressing me :queen

ciao
    Charu..

5. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Wow Blondie!!! :hatsoff
    what a relief that would be to mothers of new borns... an ultra super idea :idea
    Thanks for peeping in and have a nice day ahead!

:cheers
    Charu..