1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Contraceptive Pills Improving Acne

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Needtobestrong, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

@Needtobestrong - yes,it is the same one.I didn't have any side effects.I was very happy during the time I was taking it.Good skin and hair.I was warned that it might lead to weight gain but that didn't happen in my case.But as I said before,all the acne problems come back once you stop it.Plus it wasn't helping my PCOs in any way.The only major improvement that I have ever seen in my periods regularity ,skin etc is by exercise,that too walking.If we got to the dermatologists,they usually prescribe topical creams which are very slow acting or Isotretoin which is again a very strong medicine (best avoided).

Needtobestrong likes this.
  2. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

@Needtobestrong Did you find a solution to your acne? If not, I want to suggest this routine. I made my 13 year old son and nephew do this a month back and it cleared up their faces beautifully.

1. Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser: Clean your face with Cetaphil throughout the day using the no rinsing method. Only massage the cleanser and wipe it off with cottonball. Keep repeating (w/ new cotton) until no dirt is visible. No moisturizer needed

2. For night, use your regular cleanser and moisturizer. Cetaphil will dry out any bumps and acnes, so naturally, your face will feel rough. If this is the case, you can mix borax with your cleanser to get rid of dead skin. Also, my son and nephew uses Vichy fresh cleansing gel and Vichy Normaderm anti acne moisturizer and I’m pretty sure it helped alot.

** I also tried several cleansing milk for my son like Bioderma and La Roche but it made the acne worst, Cetaphil is really the best to dry the out.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thanks momsky, will try your suggestions..im yet to find a permanent solution to my acne..its on and off depending on my hormone changes and food intake.

momsky likes this.
  4. devilsankita

devilsankita New IL'ite

Everyone skin is different. We need to be careful before taking any pills. Before taking any pills we should always consult our dermatologist. Acne is a normal problem. This happens because of hormonal change. Homeopathy treatment has found to be beneficial in curing Acne related problems. Dr. Shah is a well-known dermatologist all over the world. Before taking any pills I always consult him. Also, the first consultation is for free. So we don't need to worry about the money problem also. Dr. Shah and his team have helped me to be acne free. You can know more about it here: Ask Dr Rajesh Shah, MD Homeopathic Doctor in Mumbai at Life Force Homeopathy Clinic.