1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Continuing education after marriage..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by NajlaM, Oct 5, 2013.

1. NajlaM

NajlaM Senior IL'ite

Friends..
    Whats your opinion about continuing education after marriage?? Has any of you done it?? If yes please share your experiences... Also mention if it was after having a kid or not...

In my case i got married this june and i am writing my pg entrance exam this year..my dh is fully supportive and is of the opinion that we can plan kids after my pg..but sometimes i feel tensed as then it will take 3 more years for us to have a kid...

So friends please share your thoughts and opinions as i hope it will help me get some peace of mind..

2. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

congrats for your marriage. and now about the issue you have discussed here. Its really difficult to carry education after marriage. you haven't mentioned here that you are living with inlws or not.
    I had seen one of our neighbor continuing her studies after marriage. Be mentally prepared as now you are married so its all gonna be lot different. there wont be any mom to serve you tea , meals etc you will have to take care of family along with concentrating on your studies.(double shifts) Kids are a big no no if you are very serious about your studies.

3. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Yes It can be done. It all depends on how important it is for you, how supportive your spouse is and if you are living with ils & their attitude. You didn't mention if there is a hurry to have kid?

I am married for 20 yrs and I am right now back to studies getting pg. We don't live with ils and my dh is supportive. But even then there are days when I am super stressed and think about if this was a right choice. But at the end of the day I know I choose the right path. My kids are little older. I am super busy with everything but I know that's short term(2 more yrs).

all the best!! Make up your mind and then just forward.

4. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

You can education after marriage if you are interested to pursue. If your husband is supportive, it is even better. When to have kids depends upon your age. You can plan for pregnancy in the last year of your studies so that you deliver either 2 or 3 months before or 2 months after graduation(final exams).

It is very difficult to continue after kids, though some have done it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013