CONTEST - Write your own climax ...WIN a fabulous gift!

Discussion in 'Contests & Winners' started by kavya, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Congrats!!!

Dear Ambika and Meena,

My hearty congratulations to both of u!!! Different climaxes made a good read.

I am very glad to be a part of such a nice community.

Have fun.

Prathi

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Thank u Prathi..

Dear Prathi,

I absolutely agree with u in saying its wonderful to be a part of this group.
    Glad u liked reading the climaxes.

Thank u again for ur message..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2005
  3. manjula

manjula New IL'ite

congratulations!!

dear ambika and meena,

My heartiest congratulations to both of u. I was very positive about ambika that she'll be the only winner. But meena u surprised me too!! Way to go girls!!!

I really enjoyed reading it.

Regards
    Manjula Kumar

4. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Congrats!

Congrats Ambika and Meena!
    Liked both your climaxes. Ambika's showed maturity and seemed to flow from the point Varaloti had ended. After reading it I knew we had a winner. However, I felt there was too much of conversation and was a bit too long. Meena's climax was good - but she should hone her grammatical skills. I am not on the panel of judges, so maybe I've no right/business to comment - but I am sure the winners will take it in the spirit it is intended.
    Cheers and all the very best! Continue writing - both of you can churn out stories of your own and we can write the climax!
    Sharada

5. meenaprakash

Thank u Sharada,

Dear Sharada,

Thanks for ur message and feel free to validate my writing.
    It will only help me improve myself.. I do agree that though my climax was practical and contentwise it was good, the flow of words isn't smooth..

Ambika, I knew was definitely the winner and her style of writing is commendable.. she can go a long way if writing interests her.

thanx again for ur message.

Luv,

6. meenaprakash

Thank u Manjula

Dear Manjula,

I too thought Ambika would be the only winner and the result actually surprised me and also made me jump with joy..

I knew somewhere my ending was equally good except that I couldn't narrate it beautifully like Ambika.

thanks again for ur message.

Luv,

7. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Suggestions and thoughts

Next time the judges should specify the word limit. Also it would be interesting to read Varalotti's original climax to the story - then we can rate if it's better than what Ambika and Meena have written!
    I don't agree in entirety with the climaxes that Ambika and Meena have written. Perhaps I'm not so forgiving and accepting in nature! Ambika I know personally - and whatever she writes comes from her heart, there is no superficiality or writing to impress as it were. As a person and a writer she's very genuine, giving (and forgiving!) and largehearted. So if she wins, I radiate with happiness! Glad that Meena is sharing the crown with her - I'm sure she's a lovely person too.
    Way to go ladies! Cheers, have a nice weekend!
    Sharada

8. meenaprakash

Eager to know....

Dear Sharada,

I too agree with u and eager to know the original climax to the story..

Are u listening, Sridhar??? We would be glad to hear from u..

9. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

Thanks....

Dear Sharada, Manjula, Prathi and Meena

It was a virtual banquet going through your lovely responses and comments. Thanks a million...
    Sharada, you are right..next time judges should specify the word limit..gives a kind of freedom to express, and as you mentioned it would be really good to know the original climax of the story. May be Sridhar may post it on the site now...!! Your loving words about me made my day Sharada...though you portrayed me as an epitome of goodness, I hasten to accept the compliment, only to strive to become one...
    Though my writings sometimes go beyond my personal-reality to fit into the present day social framework, this climax of mine, is conservative and designed on the guiding principle of ' keeping relationships intact'. For any problem, there will be many possibilities and options to explore...but each individual will see it in a perspective which is acceptable and seems viable to him/her. All of us have given what we thought is a good ending ( climax) and we all did a good job. I am surprised why you say you don't have 'forgiving nature'. All that what we have in our personality, need not translate into our writings....given a situation, how we react to it, how we view it...whether in a narrow view or from a vantage point..all this will come into force, once we start writing, particularly for contests like this. Our goodness and personal traits have no relevance there..though they are contributing factors to our thought process...!! I know you will take my winning as a personal victory...and you pronounced it yourself ..I can't thank you enough for that...

Love you all for all the love...
    ambika

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  10. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

Got The Gift....

DEAR INDUSLADY AND ALL THE MEMBERS..

I AM VERY EXCITED AND ECSTATIC TO TELL YOU, THAT THE GANESHA GIFT HAS REACHED ME WITH ALL YOUR LOVE AND BEST WISHES.

IT IS NOT A MERE COINCIDENCE THAT I AM A 'GANESHA COLLECTOR'....HE HAD COME TO ME AGAIN, AND I TAKE IT AS A WONDERFUL GOOD OMEN..
    THANKS A LOT
    LOVE
    AMBIKA

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.