Contest to celebrate Raksha Bandhan - 2012!

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi
    some of our relationships are like TOM &JERRY. we tease each other, knock down each other, irritate each other, but cant live without loving eachother.that what me and him are like.

as children i use to tie the raksha band only to get my payback gift. never understood its real meaning.being younger to me he use to give up his piggy bank collection for my gift. got to know about his love for me yrs back when i cleaned his personal cuboard, he had all the rakhis with him safely kept in his box.. i can never forget the ups downs ,hectic runs,and sleepless night he had on those 4 days when i was admitted in the hospital with a complicated delivery and mom for uterus operation on the same time.he was more than a mother,caring for me and baby..last 2yrs being away frmour country ,i just wished him on that day .but he didnt open his piggy bank for last2yrs as wanted to gift me once i go back.

nothing much than his height changed in him. he is the same smart, loving and sensible jerry. and i the same hurry burry tom , who is a real tubelight , never understand things at right time.
    thinking about the past i really have to confess as i was always the trouble maker and he never revealed that infornt of anyone..i dontknow how much i have changed now ,but he always send sms, emails and message with these sweet start
    "TO MY DEAR SWEET AKKA". what else do anysister require from her brother than these beautiful feelings.
    To my Dear Brother HAPPY RAKSHA BANDHAN

2 people like this.
  2. Mandir

Mandir Silver IL'ite

I was born when my brother was studying in PUC 1st year. Obviously, His age was like my friend's father's age. Unknowingly in my childhood, I used to tell him to drop me about 1/2 km away from my school. Because, I used to feel unhappy when my friends say "Your brother is like my father or uncle." But, I never said this to him.

Now, after my marriage I really miss him during Raksha Bandan & eagerly waiting for him to tie Rakhi. I go to my mummy's place to tie rakhi to him but, he never responds properly. He loves to wear Rakhi sent by others. I miss him very much. Infact, tears are coming out when posting this story.

I wish it should never happen to any of my friends, ILs or anyone. I wish them to be happy with their brothers always. Happy Raksha Bandhan Dears....

2 people like this.
  3. shraddha2704

shraddha2704 Bronze IL'ite

i used to call my brother "DOONGARMAL" just to tease him. he hated dis name n i loved d way he used to react. 1 particular memory i have of him was about 10 years back. I was in college and on a particular day, i was wearing a really short top and jeans and was walking with him. i had to bend on the road to pick up my mobile and i saw him turn and stand exactly behind me, covering my back, and looking around. I realised dat day dat my younger brother is not so young nemore.

2 people like this.
  4. whiteorchid

whiteorchid Bronze IL'ite

sweet contest and sweeter memories.
    I am very close to my brother, he is younger to me but teased and irritated me a lot !
    the most unique thing about him is his sense of humour ,he can crack joke and change the tense environment in a second.
    lot has changed after marriage, now i dont meet him often but the love has got stronger.
    we have lot of funny memories, he would tease me that i will find you a boy who lives very far off so that you dont meet me and i can live happily and now in reality when i am so away from him, he only misses me so such.
    i think that is the beauty of this relationship!
    i want him to be very successful and have all the happiness in this world!

1 person likes this.
  5. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

Once when me and my brother were in school, he was in 4th std and I was in 9th standard, there was a graveyard near our school.when we were in school, there was a big sound which was like explosion, when we all went to our houses we came to know that it was bomb blast which shook many in coimbatore.But my brother told he thought that was a big cracker which was cracked for a vip person who was cremated in the graveyard.Even now when I hear atom bombs cracked during that diwalis i think about how my brother reacted telling about the bomb blast.

2 people like this.
  6. Miami

Miami New IL'ite

Penned a few words for my brother:

"A ray of hope and a sense of pride
    Ways to define my little brother
    A sparkling heart and a naughty smile
    May God bless you with happiness forever"

2 people like this.
  7. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

I'm happy to enter here, a chance to tell about my loving Brother. He is elder than me. From my schoolings til now he cares me more.He's in hostel from 6th std to until his college, but i'm with parents. I missed him on those days, but enjoyed during holidays.:cheers
    Now i'm married. Till now whenever we go for shopping, he always used to buy me better than him, onething i will say, he only buys me mobile everytime, before entering shop he tells me the budget, once we entered the shop, he looks all, buys me the best more cost than his mobile as well as more than his budget. If i used to say don't want such a cost, he say it's ok ma. Before marriage, i used to say that i want to marry a guy near by my native alone, i don't go anywhere.
    Unfortunately, i'm married with a cute guy( my sweet love:kiss & ofcourse, caring like my mom) who's 350kms away from my native. I'm crying off, i won't go such a long distance, all my family members convinced me:cool2:, but i'm not yet. Atlast,my DB convinced me with a promise that whenever u need to see me, mom, dad u just call me, :goodidea:i will reach ur doorstep within 6 hrs. Whatever work he have, leaving all till date he's holding that promise:2thumbsup:.......i felt am lucky to have him. No words to say his love for me, Thank God:thankyou2: for giving me caring Brother. He's one who protected me forever and always. Also, he's the one I can rely on whenever my life is in trouble. He who teaches me how to be fair and kind to one and all, sometimes the hard way.
    I love my brother.......:)Happy Raksha Bandhan to all IL's.

2 people like this.
  8. Hemadhawan

Hemadhawan Senior IL'ite

Bhai mera hai sabse pyara...laakhon mein hai ek nirala...
    jab dekho, thi main choti (small)...aankh moond kar jabbhi soti...
    baitha rehta vo mere paas, utne ki mere le ke aas.
    Khelte hum, kabhi ludo to kabhi saap seedi, sab kehte na dekha aisa bhai behen ka pyaar, beeti kitni peedi. chala gaya fir sir se jab, pitaaji ka haath, us bhai ne nibhaye saare farz,
    diya is behen ko khoob khoob pyaar aur shubkamnaoon ka ashirwaad.
    Dhanya hoon jo behan main uski...badhe aage vo hameshaa, kare khoob tarakki!

2. What changed in your brother?
    Haan badal gaya hai ab mera bhai,
    Pehle karta tha zid chocolate ki
    ab kehta hai "Rakhi par, behen apne haath se banaao mithaai"
    Thi jab main pehle thi roti, nam uski thi aankh bhi hoti,
    ab hogaya hai vo itna sayana, bin aasooon ke bhi
    seekh liya hai usne mere dard ko pehchanna.

3. Double Trouble

Jab aayi thi meri shaadi ki ghadi,
    pehli baar thi main apni rasoi mein khadi,
    Maa boli, "tu banayegi khana"
    par kaha aata tha mujhko kuch bhi pakaana.
    Bhai ne khelli ek chaal, hotel se laaya, sabzi aur daal.
    hue khush sab swadisht khana kha kar,
    gayi meri muskaan jab boli hone waali sasu,
    beta, ab jaayenge hum yaha se, tumhaari sabji ki recipe sunkar
    dar se hue mere haath pair laal, pooha ye kaisa gazab sawaal.
    Paar hui kisi tarah vo sankat khi ghadi,
    hasi aati hai sochkar ki , unke jaane ke baad main kitna thi bhai se ladi.

9. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pinky,

I'm so touched for the love you had on your dad and your desire to be born as a boy to help him !! Your dad is blessed to have you. Happy to know about your kids. Let them enjoy each and every moment of their lovely relationship.

Thanks for taking part in our Raksha Bandhan contest.

10. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cutemonster,

You have got a such a wonderful, doting and a responsible brother.. Treasure him throughout your life ! His naughtiness vanished slowly as he took the greatest responsibilities of a father to provide a bonding relationship. Very sorry about your Father. He will be in all your dreams and success in your life.

Huh ! I'm quite shocked to know that you tried to feed him washing powder out of love. It's true, 'Never leave the babies alone with the kids'. Isn't it?

Wishing your brother all success in all his endeavors.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.