1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Contest: Time to write a story!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Marun, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

To you Arunarc.....

10 11 12.......

Their was a great sage Q......
    The great Q said once ''life is simple when you are frugal......''

so one of his followers asked when will i find happiness.....

The great Q said ''Happiness lies just ahead of you.... Never give up in your life.... You will succeed..''

so another asked ''what is the meaning of life''

so great Q said ''i am the devil.... The grim reaper....... Life is what you make of it...... If you help someone in life who is in need then our life has meaning...... If not then you are one amougst the billions''

woops....... Disqualified...........

These rules i tell ya....... Grr.......

Take care
    chow

1 person likes this.
  2. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Guys,

Send the entries through PM!

Quebec,
    No problem. I wont mind one more entry into my inbox from you.

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi QB

Now who is this Q:biggrin2:....... seems to be a wise person...hahaha

1 person likes this.
  4. Arunarc

Contest stories

Dear Friends

It is sad to see that we couldn't get more entries. I have no idea why you guys did not come forward with your contribution. When we have such wonderful contributors here in IL I was hoping for many entries.

Never mind this was just a trial contest we will come back after few days with much better one so that I will get more participants.

You can tell me in this thread why you couldn't contribute so that next time I can keep that in mind before starting such a contest.

Now Here I will be posting the entries do add your like to the story that you liked so that we can select who is the best writer among these.

Names will be disclosed on 1st March.

P.N.--After We select the winner I will be merging this with the contest thread so that we will have everything in one place.

5. Arunarc

Re: Contest stories

ALONE IN LOVE
    In a city of highly developed country a lady gives birth to girl twins.They born with pinkish colored chubby cheeks very attached to each other as they loved in mother's stomach.They brought up in a rich family as they are growing their love was broken as the time passes they saw the little world they had and some experiences.They both are in the same field of Fashion world as a twins both liked the same person.One girl married that person to take the revenge on other girl but not truely loved him.As they married they are not happy and divorced after some days.As she left him he married the other girl who loved him a lot. Now the "HAPPINESS IS JUST AHEAD" for the newly married couple and the other girl who left his husband took revenge but she is not happy alone. She is lagging her liFe very hardly and she become lonely but she itself took revenge on her.

2 people like this.
  6. Arunarc

KaBoom

KaBoom, that’s the sound of an exploding supernova, a beautiful, outer space spectacular event. A supernova is when a star collapses within itself, leaving a black hole. It’s a dying star. Spectacularly beautiful was Shirley too, Vijay’s Shirley, with a smile , radiating like an early morning sun on a cool December day, filling up the room in a warm glow.

Vijay worked at Prodite consulants Pvt Ltd, at their office in Porur. He would usually take the 8.50 am train from Tambaram, get off at the Guindy railway station, walk out and take a share auto to his office.

Eight months into his job, the harsh reality of life kicked in. The humdrum of work was eating into his weekends. Vijay wanted to catch up with his buddies at Chechi’s kadai ‘s – munching crispy appams and kadalais as they used too.

The train commute wasn’t a joyride -the unpredictable service, the crowd, the morning rush. Vijay wanted to take his bike but Appa woulndn’t let him.

Vijay was running late one morning. Having missed his regular, Vijay made a beeline for the next train . That’s when he saw Shirley the first time.

Shirley was seated by the window next to Malini Aunty. Shirley wasn’t the prettiest, she had a homely face and she was really chatty Vijay noticed from his seat . “Weren’t all women chatty” smirked Vijay. Shirley and Malini seemed to be regulars on the less crowded 9.10 train.

Over the days, Vijay watched every move Shirley made, her hand tucking her hair behind her ears, her giggles like a teenager and mostly her lips, sensuous. He would think of her at work too. Shirley was alluring, Vijay was in love.

Vijay was desperate to strike a conversation with Shirley, but Malini Aunty was always there. And then a miracle. Shirley was alone in her usual spot .Vijay was ecstatic. Shirley looked up and smiled as he sat opposite her – the regulars always smiled and greeted each other “Good Morning”, but Vijay was on cloud nine.

“ Aunty hasn’t come ”? asked Vijay smiling sheepishly. “No” said Shirley while flipping a magazine. “ Do you know why”? persisted Vijay. “No” answered Shirley and returned to reading. Vijay couldn’t pucker up the courage to ask anymore, but he savored the journey taking in the aura of Shirley. The journey to Happiness.

Vijay cursed himself for ruining an opportunity. Laying in bed that night, he made plans to talk to Shirley the next day. He would take the day off, reach the station early , catch Shirley entering the Station. He hoped Malini Aunty wouldn’t spoil the plan.

He would begin by telling Shirley about his work, ask about hers’ . They could get acquainted, maybe go out for a cup of coffee. And someday they could get married too.

“Married”, Vijay blushed. He realized men can blush too, it wasn’t an all women thing. Vijay liked where his thoughts were leading. Amma wouldn’t approve initially, Vijay being their only child. She would want an elaborate Tamil wedding with all the bells and whistles. Vijay would have to convince his parents that Shirley would make perfect Daughter-in law. She seemed well mannered and demure. And weddings these days have become pompous shows completely ignoring the philosophy of marriage.

“You know nothing, Kanna” Amma would say, “ people talk about good weddings long after too, remember Shashi’s wedding last year”.” Shuba is lucky to find such a bride. Her parents arranged such a grand wedding, they hired a wedding planner. Remember that new litchi sweet they served” .

Vijay wondered if Amma met Shirley, she would change her mind. And a Church wedding could be grand too, probably like those in Hollywood movies -“ I now pronounce you Husband and Wife, you may now kiss the Bride”. Vijay was excited, ” do they kiss here in India too” ?

The next morning Vijay, full of josh boarded the train. Malini Aunty was there but no Shirley. His heart skipped a beat. He looked out the door and saw Shirley jump into the train as it started. She was wearing a sari. She had never worn one before. She looked special today, she looked really beautiful.

Shirley had run down the steps and caught the train just in time. The train was crowded today, her seat was taken so she had to stand. Vijay noticed that she was still breatheless, and with every breathe she took Vijay felt his heart beat louder. And just like a python which tightens its grip on the victim with every breath, Vijay wanted to hold Shirley closer and closer in his arms.

“Looking very good today” shot Malini aunty, “Thanks, it’s my anniversary today” replied Shirley.

KaBoom went Vijay’s………………..

8 people like this.
  7. Arunarc

Nobody can have me - Nobody

Detective Simmons was looking at yet another murder victim, throat slit, arms crossed. This was the 8
    [SUP]th[/SUP] murder in the last 2 weeks. He informs the media to release a broadcast which asked the citizens to avoid the route.

Eileen saw the commotion while she was coming back from work. She was tired and hence did not wait there to see what it was.

She got into her bus and her thought drifted to her childhood days. She took out her wallet and looked at the picture of two beautiful babies in pink. She got that picture from Sister Ann. She was thinking why her parents would leave 2 little angels at the door step of an orphanage. What was their fault? She stares at the sky and thinks may be what Sister Ann told them while they were young were true. May be they came from a different planet. Travelled in a space ship and reached this ugly planet “Earth”.

Eileen and her twin sister Emily were in the orphanage till they were 12. Sister Ann’s death and the stopping of funds to the orphanage made their life hell. They were in the streets in no time.
    Emily was quieter and a naïve girl. Emily was good at school. Eileen quit school to take care of her. She was scared if someone would hurt Emily, someone would take advantage of Emily.

At the age of 13 she started working in a local restaurant. Helping the owner, Mr. and Mrs. Rosario with cleaning up. They would pay her $20 a day and a place to stay. They were there for almost a year.

One night Mr. Rosario came home drunk and tiptoed into the room where Eileen was sleeping. He tried to crawl in the bed with her. Eileen woke up to the smell of Bourbon and cigarette. She was startled but she knew what his intentions were. She had a hammer that she had kept under her pillow. She slowly grabbed it and hit Mr. Rosario on his head.
    He started yelling, she hit him a couple of times more took her stuff woke Emily up and ran away to a faraway place. She wailed at him - “Nobody can have me – Nobody”

She remembered the sign she had seen on one of those highways – “Happiness Just Ahead”. She smiled thinking how naïve she was to believe that those words would to be true.

Eileen always tried to save Emily from the rest of the world. She made sure that Emily got her education, got to pursue her dreams and live a happy life. All her life Eileen was working very hard, 2 -3 jobs saving money for Emily, her education, her future. All this stress had really taken a toll on Eileen. At the age of 30, she was all alone without any education she knew she couldn’t do anything much. What she was doing now was the best she could do. But she was happy for Emily. She is working at some bank and is married to her college sweetheart.

Emily wanted Eileen to stay with them but Eileen was adamant on living alone and not disturbing anyone. Her bus came to a stop; it was time for her to get down and she had reached home.
    She took a look at the mirror and saw her overly done makeup. She changed her clothes took her make up off. She then thought about her journey to Hollywood and from there to Vegas. She wanted to be an Actor. She was pretty and she thought she could make it big but fate had a different role to play and now she worked at one of those clubs.
    But last night she met a guy, Mark Snow. He seemed to be nice. He gave her a good tip and also asked her out on a date. She wished this guy turns out to be a good one. She looked at the card he gave her. He owns his own business why would a person like him be nice to her. Anyway they were planning to meet the next day and she decided on asking this to him.

She was getting ready to meet Mark. She did some light make up and went to the pre-decided place. She saw him waiting for her. They had a fun time. It was already late and Mark offers to walk her to her home. They took the longest route to her home. While walking they had to cross a cemetery.

The next day Detective Simmons was standing next to a body at the Cemetery. The victim - Mark Snow.

Eileen looks at the mirror and smiles. She said to herself “Nobody can have me- nobody”.

7 people like this.
  8. Arunarc

Dear Friends

On request from some of the writers I am extending today one day for anyone who wishes to send the entry. I should receive it by tonite.

9. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

As expected, entries are coming in the last moment. :)

10. ashwiniks79

ashwiniks79 Bronze IL'ite

Need some help with the PM here. I sent my entry yesterday, but the sent items folder is empty. Can somebody please guide me how to send a PM