1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Contemplating buying dishwasher for mum, seeking your advice!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by shard14, Jun 8, 2015.

1. shard14

shard14 New IL'ite

Hi there,

I am planning to gift my mom a dishwasher for her birthday and since I live abroad I asked my dad to visit the store and order. He being the spoilsport spoiled my surprise by telling my mom to check if she would find it useful and now she is against the plan claiming she won't find it useful..

My mom is 58 and she does everything herself at home, getting a quality maid has always been a problem hence she prefers to do herself but she is ageing and has the usual physical issues. I thought dishwasher could save her some time and effort. I thought to go with one of seimens standalone version having got a seimens washing at home already. It's only my mom and dad at home + guests once in a while and they mostly cook twice a day at least. Mostly stainless steel dishes with very limited ceramics or glass and vegetarian household.

My mom thinks that she won't it useful practically for Indian kind of cooking or usage. I wanna know from you all how useful it is in India with hard water, detergent cost and the practicality of it. What are the things should I consider before buying? Are there better options outside of Seimens? Also please advice on things I may have missed.

Many thanks :)

2. shard14

shard14 New IL'ite

Bumping - apologies

3. vinaytp

vinaytp New IL'ite

Go for BOSCH or SIEMENS both are almost similar except couple of features more or less.It will work for Indian style cooking and works out better than Maid in long run. For hard water you get water softeners as attachment.

4. shard14

shard14 New IL'ite

Hi, thanks for your message...I am inclined towards Seimens..Still finding it hard to convince mom on the benefits..will see how it turns out.

5. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Waiting for ur review.
    Please do let us know how your mom feels about the dishwasher

Thanks

6. previ

previ Senior IL'ite

Hello I am be wrong but folks used to tell me that even if you have a dishwasher you have to rinse the vessel before you place in dishwasher. Also if you have used a dish for frying stuff or use too much oil, the oil does not go away. Do check for these limitations. Maybe the newer ones are better equipped and have better features.