1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Consumers Dumped With Sugar And Oil

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sunkan, Jan 26, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

There is a lot of sugar in surplus in the super markets and all the provisions stores are distributing free to all the consumers picking up their monthly provisions from fab mall and last month it was giving out some 15 liters of oil free and now 15kgs sugar is free.

With many households having at least one diabetic this is more a nuisance to the public by the suppliers, who instead of giving an option or purchase of items, are pushing these products which are of no use and it is no diwali or Christmas time for people in <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> to be making sweets.

Instead of giving away products free when we buy our monthly needs it would be a lot better to get discounts on them, the unnecessary dumping is bringing a lot of burden on the consumer, who has no outlet or income through these unnecessary blockage. SUNKAN

2. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Hi:iagree

Pity we are so far away. Here it's predicted this year is going to be tough cos of increasing food prices. 5l Oil is gone up from R40 to R60!! Many sugarcane farms are giving way to developments especially along the coast so I forsee a shortage soon.

But you are right these are the 2 ingredients that we should be consciously cutting down. I use brown sugar for my tea etc. Using stainless steel pots we have cut down on oil when cooking and I use olive oil for my veggie stirfrys and curries.

Regards Neesha

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sunkan,
    The suggestion you gave is very good regarding the free distribution of 'excessive' thing at the outlet which will be a big burden to the families.

sriniketan

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

in a household of 2 with one a diabetic what to do with 15kgs of sugar or 10kg of oil, we keep stretching it and that too the sunflower oil which gives out a smell as if we are frying fish daily, sunkan