1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Constipation Home Remedies

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by vidukarth, Jan 24, 2018.

1. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

My 7 year old is having constipation issues. Please suggest home remedies and how to make her cycle regular in the morning. Now it is no fixed time and goes at weird time. I want her to finish before going to school so she would not have to hold it.

I am trying to make her drink lot of water when at home and give fruits and veggies too. At school, she doesn't eat or drink much how much ever i have told her.

PS: I tried to search the forums, but search is not working for me.

Thanks.

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Try to give one dried prune at night after the dinner. It will help.

3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Bowel movement depends on many things like drinking enough water and having a lot of fiber rich foods. You say that you are already taking care of these things.

The second thought that comes to me is that stress and tension can lead to constipation. Why do you insist that the child has to empty her bowels in the morning? Waking up early, rushing to get ready can cause a lot of stress in children and also the parents. Relax and allow your child also to relax. When she returns home from school let her have warm food and relax playing, this may help her to clear her bowels. You may try to give her a mild laxative for a few days after consulting your doctor. Once this sets the pattern, follow up with things like prunes etc.

I feel mental relaxation could be the need of the hour.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  4. vidukarth

vidhyalakshmi, thank you very much, will try it.

5. vidukarth

Geeta,

I think you spoke my mind and my daughter's mind. I know stressing her in the morning is rough on us and her, but i found is she is holding it when she has to go in school and it gets harder when she holds for a long time and not easy enough. But these days i let it go and she atleast goes once a day in the evening. I did use Miralax for sometime regularly when we had a bad time last year, and then it was fine, and now again back to the square.

I will try to take it easy stress free, i felt sometimes like the PIkU movie constantly worrying about this.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. RishabhBansal

RishabhBansal Junior IL'ite

Hey,
    I am mentioning some home remedies for Constipation:

1. Drink a lot of water
    2. Drink Caffeinated Coffee
    3. Eat Prebiotic Foods
    4. Avoid Dairy Products

If the problem still exists, consult a Doctor.
    I hope it helps :)