1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

constipation for 2 months old baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by durga4369, Jun 23, 2014.

1. durga4369

durga4369 New IL'ite

Hello ILs,
    My son is 2 months old. He is suffering with severe constipation. I am giving him karo syrup, dates paste. I am not eating spicy food as well. Nothing is working for him. Please give me some tips to relieve his constipation.

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, Ask the doctor asap. The doc shud be able to help. Meanwhile give him 1 spoon of water every once in a while. Once when my baby hadnt pooped for 3 days my mom did it and it helped.Give him hot water which is cooled slightly. Good Luck.

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dates paste for 2 month old baby? Nothing other than breast milk or formula should be given to such a young baby. Breast milk will take care of iron supply for your baby until,6 months. Formulas are now fortified with iron.

BTW dates causes constipation.

1 person likes this.
  4. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Do you mean 2 years? Dates are known to cause constipation, you could try giving water instead.

5. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Is it 2 months or 2 years. You cannot give dates paste to such a young baby.

6. durga4369

durga4369 New IL'ite

Thank you Ramya, malini, chococolate. I will try giving him some water. My MIL told me to give dates. I gave them in water form. I will stop them now. Also, she want to give him castor oil every other day for bowel movement. I am against to it. I will try water for him. Can you please tell me how much water per day is safe for him. He is 2 months old. So I would like to know the quantity. Also, as one of my friends told me to give him 1 spoon of jeera-dhania water everyday.is it safe?

Hi April.he is 2 months old. I will stop dates for him.

7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

He is just 2 month old, don't listen to your mil,or friend and keep giving him whatever others giving please check with doctor....usually they will suggest glycerin supp.....do we even give water for 2 month old....I remember giving my son after 5 or 6 months...

8. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Jeera water is safe (cumin seeds). But some kids catch cold with that. But it is of no harm. Water is the safe option you have. Just increase the consumption, but with doctor's advice, anyway it gets separated through urine. No worries.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hi

For my daughter at that age, watered down prune juice, a spoon worked wonders.

I gave her just 1 spoon of watered down prune juice. Of course, check with your nurse or doctor.

10. vaishnnavi

vaishnnavi Senior IL'ite

you can give him 2 or 3 tsp warm water.Moms intake reflects on him sometimes,so you drink more water.you eat the dates.can give him 1/2 tsp honey.you eat few dry grapes.