1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conquering The Mountains

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Jun 19, 2018.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Conquering the mountains.

A stray thought, may be not worth echoing but still disturbing.

Why would humans conquer the mountains? Why would it be called a great feat? Well I have nothing against adventures but conquering mountains!

Sherpas of Nepal went up and down the Everest many times, without glory or claim of ownership for their livelihood and still continue doing For them the mountains are sacred and should not be sullied. But there is no choice. Governments allow this in the name of tourism for a few bucks.

If Edmond could do it , me too can. And this 'me too' phenomena has created havoc. What happens to the sacredness of these mountains which is buried unfer tons of plastic and other disposables scattered all over?

Mountains have started their revenge. Watch out.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hari,
    All over the world where there are mountains adventurous people feel a thrill when climbing up the mountains. I don't think everyone can climb up a mountain.

Though there are transport to some hill temples people do climb up in groups. Trekking up on mountains without spoiling the environment by throwing things is really good.

Awareness should be created on keeping the environment clean and notices should be put up that people will be made to pay fine if they throw things other than the designated places like dust bins.
    PS

3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Climbing mountains is a challenge and adventure lovers love it. It challenges their perseverance, stamina and determination. It is disgusting when people of that caliber don't show care or concern for nature. It is sad and irritating that in their pursuit of personal glory, they don't give a damn to the nature and environment. Why should they be reminded at every step not to litter the pristine nature?

HariLakhera likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sometime back, a chap in Tamilnadu was honored for having witnessed every movie of Rajnikanth first day, first show! Such adventures do not harm anybody except the record maker. But Everest is a different cup of tea. Polluting a pristine mountain with all kinds of plastic litters is murder. But this goes on everywhere. We are proud that our Capital is the most polluted city in the country!
    [​IMG]

5. HariLakhera

PS,
    Thanks for your comments. One such place is in Kerala Thekkedy and other in J &K Vaishnav Devi. Dust bins have been provided all over the route. Still some people do not care. They have appointed people to collect all such garbage and put in the dust bins promptly.
    In Nepal, now they have started taking deposit from mountaineers at the base which is refunded depending upon the trash they bring back with them.

6. HariLakhera

Yes Sir, Delhi is also my home and I know how much I myself contribute to this pollution. Got to be proud of it. But on hind side I think my contribution is too little. The biggest contributors are the surrounding states of Rajasthan, Haryana, U. P. Punjab. I am proud of having such neighbors.

7. HariLakhera

There was news item in today's local newspaper in Memphis that some 311000 beach homes in USA will be submerged under rising seas in next thirty years.
    We all know about global warming. It is already here. Glaciers in my home state of Uttarakhand are melting by inches every year. Traffic to char dhams of badri, Kedar, Gangotry and yamnotry is increasing every year adding to the problem. The Governments earn from these tourists and locals are benefitted. You can't have it and eat it too. That's the dilemma.

GeetaKashyap likes this.