Congratulations Cheeniya Sir

Discussion in 'IL'ite milestones' started by Devika Menon, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lalitha
    Thanks a lot for your kind message of greetings. You are normally sweet but with all that pradhamans inside you, you are a lot sweeter!
    I am happy to know that you find my replies to the FBs that I receive quite engaging. Please understand that interacting thus with the ILites gives me a lot of joy too!
    Sri

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    Congratulations on the 100 (or 101) threads, actually I should say. Let me be honest, I have not read all of them, only some I have read. Your use of the language brings back memories of my Father inlaw ( he is very good in English), I guess, you all have learned the language from good teachers- your style is like that ( antha kaalathu English). I have no words to praise you, I can only say that we are all lucky to get to read your ramblings. Thank you very much. I pray that God blesses you with good health and long life.

3. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sri

Many congratulations on hitting 100+ threads...! The pleasure is all ours..

-Gayathri.

4. Cheeniya

Dear Varloo
    I am touched by your warm greetings. You are right about my good teachers. Some of them were legendary. I studied in Hindu High School, Triplicane. One of the former Head Masters of my school was reported to have corrected even Winston Churchill's English and got himself the title of Right Honourable! But more than my teachers, I owe my interest in English to my idol, PG Wodehouse.
    I feel highly motivated when I receive such warm praise!
    Thank you, Varloo
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear Gayathri
    It is not difficult to write 100+ threads but making people read them is! When you say the pleasure is all yours, I feel supremely happy! Thank you Gayathri
    Sri

6. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Respected Cheeniya Sir

Please accept my heartiest congratulations for completing 100 threads. May god shower upon you HIS blessings of good health and long life. May you continue to be a light house to guide the people like us who have lost their ways and forgotten the purpose of life.

Warm Regards
    Ansh12

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  7. Cheeniya

Dear Ansh
    Thank you for your kind greetings.
    That is a very big load you are placing on my head! I am one of the crowd that has lost its way and asking me to lead you is like blind leading the blind! I love sharing my experiences so that you may avoid committing the same mistakes that I did!
    You can learn your life's lessons from your own mistakes but it is much better to learn them from other's mistakes! There I can certainly be a role model!
    Sri

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  8. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Devika!
    That was very thoughtful of you to have taken note of Cheeniya sir hitting the century!Especially a person like me whose observation skills are very poor! Thank you sooooo much for giving us an opportunity to wish Cheeniya sir.
    Love,
    Malathi

9. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir!
    Congratulations for the great achievement at IL! May God give you a long and healthy life so that we can always have you amidst us Ilites. It would be our boon! I may some times miss out on your threads and may read it much later. But I do not think I have missed out any of your writings. They are excellent. I think that after all the years of slogging for the family, these finer skills that would have been neglected during those times does make our life complete as we grow older. I feel every individual should cultivate these skills, be it art, music dance or any other which is not taken up for earning a livelihood but for giving joy to others as well as for ourselves.
    Happy writing!
    Love,
    Malathi

10. Cheeniya

Dear Malathi
    I am touched by your message. It is true that many of us, while going through the routine motions of life, never really get a chance or time to give expression to our innermost craving. Probably that explains the blossoming of a creative expression at an advanced age in some cases. Senile prodigies are as wonderful as child prodigies. One gets into a creative mode before the pressures of life start weighing him down while the other gets there after getting relieved of all his burden!
    Yours was a very unique and profound message. Suffice it to say I continue to ponder over it!
    Sri