Confusions about ShashtiapthaPoorthy

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Ranchu, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,

we are having a small problem in our family.
    My FIL's shashtiaptha poorthi (60th bday celeb) has to be celebrated in 2010. But the problem is since my FIL was a premature baby - in those days his mother / or anyone , did not believe the baby will live . so none of them noted down the birth date or the nakshathram (star) for him. He has a birth certificate and so far we've been wishing him on that date.
    So far we had been thinking we will celebrate his shashtiapthapoorthy on that date. but now MIL feels it should be done on tamil star bday and doing as we think does not make sense.

She enquired some sasthrigal and he has told if star is not known , then the wife's tamil bday in the same year can be used to celebrate this.
    Is this true ? Can someone please enquire a sasthrigal and post me some solid info . Being out of India makes it impossible to contact anyone. Whomever we talk do not respond over phone , they are asking us to come in person.

Please please .. someone help us. [​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

2. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

I dont know how much help I can be... Why dont you try asking someone in Atlanta Hindu temple? You seem to live near Atlanta. Atlanta Hindu temple has some good hindu priest... I would start from there...:thumbsup

3. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Actually the Sons/ daughters birth day will be closely associated with the birth star of their father. If you tell me the daughters/ Sons date, time and place of birth it will help a lot.

Secondly the behavier of the person, the behavier and appearance too can help a lot to find the birth star.

If you visit chennai please contact me.