Confusion regarding my Career

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by padmavellingiri, Dec 16, 2009.

1. padmavellingiri

padmavellingiri New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I am a Coimbatorean, single. Am in a great confusion to choose my career because my health is becoming a great issue nowadays. I am suffering from anaemia and eye problems like retinal detachment due to myopia. I am an engineering graduate in IT and now I am 26 years old. I hate to sit in front of computers programming all the time. So, I chose Software Marketing and worked in a concern as the manager for a Software Solution. I possess experience of having 1 year. Now I discontinued from that job due to anaemic and due to long travel.

Then, I analysed myself. I can't work in computers due to eye problem. Also could not travel daily to work outside. Furthermore I hate to work under a boss and saying always "Yes, Yes and you are right" though their plans are wrong. Even though I have these health related issues, I am confident that I can do some sort of business but I don't have any guidance what to choose.

Can you friends please give your suggestions in choosing the right career. Yours words are precious to me.

Thanks in advance.

2. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Padma,
    Warm welcome to IL.:)
    As you are an engineering graduate with work experience, if you are interested you can get into teaching profession. One of my friend's sister who completed her engineering graduation and joined in an engineering college as a lecturer.
    Don't worry about it. Anaemia can be cured easily.. Intake of iron rich diet will help you to overcome from this.
    You can start a business by selling software products to the companies. You need to be extra careful in it. As you have experience in it, I hope you can excel in it.
    All the best. :thumbsup

3. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Hi Padma,
    Sorry to know about your problems but you are an educated young lady and can start your own computer institute with a few computers. You can hire part time help to teach computers, its a very hot topic!
    You can also become a lecturer like Shel suggested .
    You can also join a tutorial and teach science subjects.
    You can take tutions .
    What are your other interests?