Confused..whom I should follow Gynec or Endo?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by laxmirao84, Sep 27, 2012.

1. laxmirao84

laxmirao84 New IL'ite

Hello Ilites,

I'm totally confused.

In May 2012 my TSH levels were Just mild and put on Levothyroxine 25 mcg and I had to stop it as it became overdose after 15 days..Then I started practising yoga to control hypothyroidism.After a month my TSH levels were very low less than zero it became Hyper so I stopped doing yoga to check if yoga was the reason to develop hyper symptoms though I was not on medication.
    Apart from that I have been suffering from abnormal bleeding ..But Gynec suggested me to see Endocrinologist as I had drastic changes in the TSH levels..

When Endocrinoligist ran my blood work on 12 th sep 2012 , my TSH levels were very high ..He said I had hypothyroidism and put me on synthroid 50 Mcg.Apart from that by that time I have been suffering from abnormal heavy bleeding with lots of clotting ..So my endo suggested me to see Gynec..Very next day some how I could manage to get an appointment with other Gynec .Again he ran the blood work and said my tsh levels are damn low so Gynec said I should increase my synthroid dose to 100 mcg.As I was terribly suffering with heavy bleeding I took 100 mcg for two days.safer side I wanted to check my Endo if that is OK if I increase my dose from 50 mcg to 100 mcg.But I didnt get any reply from and saying doctor is busy with the patients.

Yesterday I went for Pelvic ultrasound and waiting to see the gynec to know what's wrong with my uterus..I'm on TTC and desperately waiting on that..

Friends, Can you please suggest me whom I should see Endocrinologist or Reproductive endocrinologist as I'm trying to conceive..I feel instead of going to Endo and Gynec separately it would be good idea to see a Reproductive endo with Gynec specialization..

For synthroid dosage , whom I should follow Gynec or Endo.Though I increased the dosage for two days, the flow of the bleeding is controlled a bit and not seeing lot of clotting but still it bleeds with one or two flesh like pieces daily..

Anybody has an idea if we can practice yoga for hypothyroidism? Can we stop that once TSH levels become normal or we should continue all the time.What I get scared is If I control hypo with yoga now, and I dont practise it If I get pregnant again there will be drastic change in my TSH levels..

Please let me know and suggest me ..

Thanks,
    Laxmi.

2. poojachinoy

poojachinoy Gold IL'ite

TSH should be monitored by endocrinologist...your fluctuations in TSH are very common..it happens most of the times till the correct dosage is reached..till then you have to keep on taking medicine and get yourself regulalry checked up every 2 months...hopefully you are having your medication the first thing in the morning on an empty stomach...as food will inhibit its absorption.

an RE will be recommended when you are trying to conceive for 1 yr with unprotected sex and see no results...if in your state you are getting an RE appointment prior to this rule then go ahead with it.

gynaecologist has little to do with your TSH levels..the irregular bleeding is mostly due to thyroid issues..the gynaec in the end will only do your regular sonogram and pap smears and keep on referring you to endo..

3. laxmirao84

laxmirao84 New IL'ite

Thanks for the quick reply Pooja..Endo says I should be on 75mcg but not on 100 Mcg..I increased my dose to 100 mcg for three days getting side effects like chest pain and itching all over the body..Though I'm on 100 Mcg still my bleeding is not controlled.I started chasing Gynec for my pelvic ultrasound results.I didnt hear from him yet..waiting for their call..

Frustrated...not in a position to figure out what's going on..taking too much time to give the treatment..
    Thanks once again for your valuable information it would surely help me..