1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confused to handle MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by cutypie12, Aug 27, 2013.

1. cutypie12

cutypie12 New IL'ite

Hi IL’S
    My MIL is a typical natured lady, am confused with how to deal with her. Its been almost three yrs I got married and came to MIL home.as I know she had happily agreed to our marriage . but from the day I entered ,I started to identify few uncommon things in her which are making me very uncomfortable. I have tried tackling her by becoming angry, or being non reactive, also tried to be good with her . but she misuses all my changes and finally leads to misunderstandings and clashes at home .She is being suffering from parkinson ( but very few symptoms of that disease and only difference from normal person is her activities are very slow, everything is normal like us) . If I complain anything about her to my FIL , he says its due to her tablets she taking , and also she doesn’t understands what she says and all that bull****…is it so ????? that nerve tablets make you to speak non sense things which badly hurts others? . Am tolerating lot, but sometimes my anger bursts out.

Below are few nature that are irritating me.

· Always comparing with others and says hers is best
    · Highlights the works done by her
    · Always comments on any different dishes done by me, even though others likes .
    · Doesn’t even bother to say any comment when I show any new things brought .
    · Starts crying if I tell her anything wrong done by her ..and complaints to her younger son or cals to her mom or bro …. Vanishing my impression to them
    · Competes with in nterms of make up accessories, and others
    · Behaves like a small kid and escapes to do work
    · Becomes flattered if any guest visits home and not able to serve them .
    · My FIL encouraging all her kiddy things
    · Feels jealosy if go outside in a car with her son
    · Telling lies , and speaking very low cultered when angry ,
    · Cooks always less , doesn’t take my share into mind while cooking
    Many more are there , you know my weakness is if anyone talks nicely to me , I would forget all the bad things they had done to and start behaving normally forgetting all .Same thing happening here. My MIL takes everything into granted if stay very closely with her. Starts complaing and murmering if I stay away from her . What to do ? I just want happiness all time in my home. But my DH says its not possible and we cannot make everyone happy . Ladies how to go with this MIL???? Sometimes she really talks like mad lady….. feels like she is not matured ….:rant
    My Mom advises to be upto youself , talk very limited things only related to kitchen and nothing else… too much talking leads to clashes.I do have one BIL yet to be married @ home , looking fr a gal. I think I shud tolerate till he gets married coz we will know how my MIL behaves to her new DIL . I tried lot many ways to feel her happy , like wearing her saree and also once I a week , praising her dishes , talking to her when she s bored , helping in doing many things @ kitchen and almost I finish every cooking .
    But nothing helped ….pls advise on how to go with mad irritating lady :bowdown

Regards

1 person likes this.

2. daffny

daffny Silver IL'ite

if you had tried to make yourself happy than to make your MIL happy you would have easily achieved the goal.

3. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

This will be always after you will become MIL ....

4. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Ignore, keep urself at emotional distance with her, do things which u like and stand up for urself when needed and yes, never forget to laugh at her idiocy (inside ur mind and when u are alone)!

1 person likes this.
  5. cutypie12

cutypie12 New IL'ite

yup trying to be happy ignoring her...