1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confused!! Please help.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SuccessMinded, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

You have been brutally honest and I really appreciate it.
    But this is a dangerous route, so please let the truth sink in to your mind that your DH is your man and not any tom dick or harry.

Your kid has to respect you in future, so think of that and put a full stop to this infatuation.

2. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Successminded, I understand your perspective, just want to add 2 cents, its really good that your issue is resolved. But since you posted the OP, it is quite logical to get response which you would not have liked. Sometimes we need some one to wake up somehow to see what one is doing . By all means what happened with you can happen with anyone, you have been honest with your feelings and your DH too very co-opeartive. Based on what you had posted comments were made to make you understand that it is not that your Dh who is wrong in suspecting you or something. The problem was created by you when you kept staring at Aryan, kept liking his advances and moreover that theater incidence where in he sat opposite you so that he can see you and not the show that was way too much for me to understand at least. How can a husband tolerate such things and you felt bad for that too that your DH is coming between him and you as he is not trusting you...

At the end of the day you resolved your issues , that is good to know. Hope you find happiness ...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  3. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Good job spiderman!

Thanks for posting my old post here. Very sweet of you. As you can see I had said over there also that I am happily married and continue to be so.

If you see from my reply, I have taken the time to understand the person's situation and help her out. I gave her well-meaning and meaningful advice which she can benefit from. Not something to put her down or ask her to break her marriage.

I had a split confusion in my mind and got it resolved... that's all. It can seem despicable to you, that's upto you.
    I told soumya and aruna to stay away because they were not offering help. Instead trying to put me down. Its ok for me as I don't take things personally. But pity others in whose threads they post such views.

I am not saying people will not have views, now take yourself, you have your views. But your intent is to help me out. Which I appreciate.
    Anyway, hope there will be no more posts in this thread. Please understand the meaning of issue resolved. No more discussions please!

4. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Thanks Rosegirl and Tridev!
    You rock! Thanks for being helpful. Yes I got diverted for a bit, but am back on track thanks for good ILites like yourselves.

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

S.Minded,

Perhaps one day you will understand that it is not that folks who are sympathetic to your case are the 'good ILites' and the others are 'bad ILites'. I am not personally impacted by your indiscretions (your DH deals with that), but if you go off trying to choke posters when you make an OP and they are taking the time to respond, that you will hear about.

In anycase, good luck with your DH and good luck with your pregnancy.

I was ticked off by what you wrote abt Aruna and soumya when they were expressing opinions based on *your* OP. Thats ok, we move on. Best Wishes for your future.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  6. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Please dont feel bad anymore. And take it easy and take care of yourself

7. 1janavi

1janavi Bronze IL'ite

When I first read the post I was thinking its a fake post to test IL 'tes response.But when you responded I realised you do exist.
    My question to you is what were you expecting from this posting.
    seriously, no sarcasm intended.I just want to understand what kind of
    support you were expecting.

You say you had an unintentional flirting with a guy in office.You say you love your husband but just got carried away bcoz of lack of intimacy for a long time.Agreed.
    Then you confront DH for not trusting you when you knew you had feelings forthe guy which is cheating .Anyways you did it to save embarassment.got it.
    I could somewhat empathize with you till there.

I thought there ends the matter.You feel bad about the slight flirting and
    even admitted to your hubby.

But then you are worried that the other guy will think you are not attractive anymore makes one wonder you don't take commitment that seriously.

One cannot but find fault with that statement at end and that is why some Il's have responded bluntly

Now these were your statements :

I can't understand why people like Aruna or Soumya are allowed to post here. Just spoiling people's day and lives giving no serious thought to their confusion or problem. Quick to judge. They would need to be corrected first, before asking others to correct themselves

Now dont you think you are as harsh rather more harsh than you thought the other IL's are.

Think about it successminded.

8. 1janavi

1janavi Bronze IL'ite

Anyway, hope there will be no more posts in this thread. Please understand the meaning of issue resolved. No more discussions please!

-Sorry didn't read your response

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Closing this thread as per OPs request

10. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

For SuccessMinded and others...i havesomething to say!

Hello successminded:

I thought you had to hear this. Pardon my opening a new thread to get this across to you:

SuccessMinded,

Thanks for your honesty. I didn't find any thing wrong with how you felt. You were just being brutally honest to yourself and your hubby. Most people don't think and analyze these things that consciously.

If I gave my wife 10 cents every time I glanced at an attractive female, she'd be a billionaire, that's when I don't watch movies with gorgeous stars and if you count the time of adult ****, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates will let her pass!

Now coming to my wife or anyone, I do think the same. There is a ton of difference between thinking and doing. What you were looking at was just 'eye candy'. Nothing you said was even X rated! C'mon take break! God did not intend for you to be so transparent (even to your hubby! Pls don't ask me how God told me that! My bubble will burst as one of my fav ppl here is so fond of saying!). If He intended that, you'd have come with a USB or ethernet connection.

That being said, enjoy life. A husband is a companion and you have to be honest and loyal and that doesn't mean you allow him to be the big brother that needs to know the deepest, darkest (or fairest) things that go on in your conscious or subconscious mind.

Talking about myself, I won't be offended if my wife thinks someone is cute, even sexy. I actually prefer that she doesn't tell me so I don't need to go all nuts! She is human and I married a human being with flesh and blood. If I want to control her thoughts, I would have ordered a Linux machine with a sniffer and port analyzer and ....

Good luck! Don't beat yourself up and don't think that you are the only woman on the planet whose brain can do funny things!

Ciao!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.